Hiding and Finding

Chapter 3: Hiding and Finding

"What do you mean you want to make a deal with me?" I asked looking into his golden brown eyes.

For some reason I found myself staring at his eyes, they to me were breathtaking, the way they sparkle in the sun, and it has some small golden swirls. He seemed to be staring at my eyes too, because he was looking directly at me. It felt like he could see my soul, and all the secrets I hold. I swear I would have stayed like this forever, but a bell went off and both of us snapped of this deep glaze at each other. I tried getting up, but his hands wouldn't let go of mine.

"I have to get to class." I stated. In a way I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stare into his eyes, but I knew that, that couldn't happen.

"I am not done talking to you." He said. I looked at him, and realized that I am going to be late for class, and that he actually thinks I'll make a deal with him.

"Last warning, let go of me, so I can get to class." E.J shook his head. I had enough with him, so I kneed him in the crouch. He let go of my hands, and I got up. Without a second thought I took off running towards the school, ignoring him rolling over in pain. When I got to the school doors, Grubber came rushing out of the doors.

"There you are." He said. "Elasha said she had some kind of council meeting and couldn't show you the way to your next class. She sent me to come find you and excourt you to your class."

"How did you know I was at the field?" I asked walking following him as he lead me to my next class. He brushed back his longish brown hair with his hands. When he did that I could see his face, and I smiled thinking if he got a haircut, he would be so cute. Not saying he's not cute, but he would be extra cute with a hair cut that showed his face.

"Elasha said E.J would probably be on the field, and she had a good feeling you had found him." I smiled, yes I did find him, but now I plan to avoid him, yes I am going to ignore, that butt whole E.J. Mostly because I had a huge feeling that whatever the deal is that he wanted to tell me, was not a good thing. "Here we are." Grubber said.

"Thanks." I said saying goodbye and walked into the class.

I had managed to stay away from E.J, the whole day, and let me tell you it was hard, E.J had told everyone in the school that he was looking for me, and that he would reward the person that had found me. Little did he know that I was good at hiding and being unseen, and it worked. Until it was time to go home. I was about to walk out the front door of the school, totally unnoticed by E.J who was at the end of the hall talking to some of his buddies. I thought I had made it without him noticing, but then some nerd behind me yelled. "She is over here!" E.J. turned in my direction; I took off down the hall, with him hot on my tail.

"Vanessa, I am not giving up on talking to you, so please save us some time and slow down." I looked over my shoulder at E.J he was running after me. I rounded a corner and someone grabbed me and pulled me into a class room, closing the door real fast. I looked and saw it was Parker. I smiled at him.

"Thanks."

"What does he want from you?" Asked Parker.

"I have no idea, and to be honest I don't want to know." I admitted.

"VANESSA, I know you’re in this hall, I will check all the classes if I have too!" Yelled E.J. I searched around the room of a place to hide, but there was nowhere. I heard E.J opening doors, and he was getting close.

"The window," whispered Parker, I looked over and saw some windows. I tried to open one, but it wouldn't open. Right then I heard E.J opening the door across the hall, I stopped fooling with the window that wouldn't open and went to try to open the one next to it. It opened and right as the door of the class room opened I jumped out the window. Thank goodness we were on the first floor, I thought as my feet touched the ground.