You're Going To Be Dead, And I Am Sick

"Did you only kiss me to make my brother jealous, or did you kiss me, because you like me." I was silent, I actually can't believe I am going to admit this, but I do feel something for Parker, not sure what, but it's something.

I honestly said to him, "I am not sure." He simply nodded, and with that I got out of the car and went inside.

I was striding down the hall way when I heard my last name being called, "Miss McWright." I looked to my side and saw the coach; you know the one that has blackmailed me into being on his team. "Practice is today, immediately after school and I expect you to be there and on time." I nodded and went into the restroom, afraid that if I stayed near him any longer I would probably say some things that I don't want to say. I sat in a stall waiting for the bell to ring so I can leave here and go to my next class. I then came to realize that I would miss the buses because of my practice, so I pulled out my cell phone and called my mom.

"Hello?" I heard my mom say on the other line.

"Hey mom...I called to tell you that I am going to be at practice today-"

"Practice?"

"Um, yeah, basketball practice, I signed up for the team, and got in!" I faked a happy voice.

"That's great honey!" She said, I sighed.

"I'll have no ride home," I admitted.

"What time does practice end?"

"I would think about 3 or 4."

"Van, I don't know what to say, I have a meeting from 2:30 to 3:30 and then I have another meeting from 3:45 to 5. I can't miss any of them...I think you might have to walk-"

"Walk?"

"It’s only about 2 miles from school, and you’re that joined the sport’s team, I am sure some excise is not going to be a problem for you." She said. "Now have a good rest of the school day, and I will see you after I get off work." I huffed and hung up after we said our goodbyes. I heard my phone go off in my pocket, thinking it was my mom calling to tell me something, I didn't bother looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I said.

"Vanessa, we need to talk." I was shocked at who it was.

"D-dad?"

"Yeah." I sighed, great, just what I needed. "Listen, I wanted to talk to you about something-"

"Dad, I don't want to talk to you, at least not now." I then hung up on him, not wanting to hear him anymore. I was not expecting to start to cry, but I wiped my face and found wetness. Shit, look at me, in a bathroom stall crying, I am pathetic and it's his entire fault! If it was not for my dad making me come live with my mom, I would be at my old school, with my friends, and having a blast. Right now I bet all my friends are sitting down at lunch talking, laughing and playing around. As for me I am crying! The bell rang, but I ignored it, I stayed in the stall all day until I knew it was the end of the school day, and I had basketball practice. I got up and head to the mirror, I made sure I did not have any make up running down my face, it was all good.

I had made it to the gym, but as I entered, I was met by Parker, who looked to be leaving the gym. He stared at me for a second then walked off. I was a little mad, he didn't say a word to me, just started at me and took off. I hope he is not mad at me for yesterday.

"Vanessa." I did not need to turn around to know who that was. "Vanessa is having this party at my house next weekend...and I thought..."

"If you don't get in this gym, you're going to be late for practice, Miss McWright, and I give suicides for people that are late." Says the coach coming into the hall. I nodded and walked in the gym, and E.J followed.