Leaving Me With A Broken Heart

“Who?” My mom questioned in a cold stern voice.

“Who what?” I asked.

“Who is the father?”

I was silent for a second then replied. “E.J.” My mom slowly nodded.

“Three months you say…” she said, I nodded, and then the room fell silent. I glanced around at everyone, my mom looked shocked and worried, my dad calm, and E.J he looked expressionless.

“Well I think that settles it…She is to be married to young E.J here.” My dad said, breaking the silence.

“P-please tell me you were lying, joking, anything.” My mom said in a low voice, with tears coming down her face. I looked at her with sorrow, wishing that I was lying or joking. “I see now…” With that my mom walked out of the room, not looking back or saying anything. After a second my dad sighed.

“I think you two need to talk some things over…Like if there will be a wedding today or not…Though I think there should be after all a child will be born and it need to have a stable environment.” Said my dad. “I will be back in a few to see what decisions you have made.” Then he walked out, leaving me with a speechless E.J.

“E.J I-“I stopped talking when he started to shake his head. He stopped and sat down on the couch, not looking at me, but at the floor. I could tell by the way he was acting that he was mad at me and was not going to talk. “I can do this alone, if that is what you want. You don’t have to marry me now, and you don’t have to take care of this child, if that is not what you want. I will understand if you can’t handle this, and if it is a shock. When I found out-“

“And when was that?! When exactly did you find out?! Was it two months ago, one month, or maybe two weeks ago?!” he stood up in anger.

“E.J I just-“

“You know what I don’t want to know! You will just lie, seems like you and your mother have a few things in common.” Then E.J turned and started to walk out. I felt tears fall down my face, I was so mad.

“E.J! Please don’t leave! Please!” I shouted, he stopped and spun around.

“I will be back, but not for you.” He voice was cold and full of hatred. I couldn’t understand were his anger was coming from, why couldn’t he let me explain!

“E.J!” I yelled before he closed the doors behind him. “E.J! Please come back! Please! Please!”I cried and cried while sobbing for E.J to come back.

“Don’t cry Van, he will come back, after he cools down.” My dad said entering the room.

“He hates me dad.”

“He doesn’t hate you, he is just confused…Now how about we take you home to your moms house-“

“Why do I have to go back there? She hates me too!”