~Chapter one~

Eight years earlier

I sat on the couch, waiting for the two Avengers to show up. I flicked through the t.v. channels, not knowing what to do. I herd a soft step and knew one thing.

Sam.

I smiled. She always try's to sneak up on me. But today, we where going to have some fun. I completely ignored her. I felt her hot breath on my neck, making me smile. Suddenly, it disappeared. I started to panic. Sam never gave up, EVER! I turned my head and saw no one. Where could she have gone? What was she planning?!

My thoughts where interupted by a high-pitched, cute voice.

"DADDYYYYYY!" Came the voice. I felt something heavy on my lap and my head whipped around, my eyes wide. I looked into the brown eyes of none other then Samantha Stark. Her long, dark hair flowed past her shoulders, and she seemed happy. I smiled at her.

"Hey little girl." I said, kissing her forehead. She glared at me.

"I'm not a little girl Daddy! I'm seven, okay!" She shouted, punching me on my shoulder. I rubbed it, pretending it hurt.

"Okay, well, tod-" I was cut off by Samantha yelling.

"UNCLE ROGER!" She screamed, getting down from my lap and running over to Steve Roger. She wrapped her arms around his right leg, clinging on as tight as she could.

"Hey kiddo!" He said, looking down at her, a smile on his face. She looked up at him, eyes wide.

"Hiya Uncle Roger! Is anyone else coming?" She asked, giggling after. He smiled.

"Nope! Just me today kiddo, sorry!" He said sincerely.

"Oh, okay." She said, tightening her grip on his leg.

"Ummm.... Sam, mind letting go of my leg?"

"No."

"Sam, please let go."

"NO!"  She shouted, burying her face into his leg. He sighed, looking at me. I smirked, loving when she does this to them.

"Stark. Mind helping me with your daughter?" I sighed, rolling my eyes. I got up and walked over to them, prying Sam off his leg. I smiled at her, kissing her forehead. My pride and joy, like always.

__________________________

Seven and a half years later

I quickly grabbed my school bag and went sprinting to the stares. I jumped onto the railing and slid down it, happy for once in the morning. My feet hit the floor and I stumbled forward some, slamming into what felt like a brick wall. I looked up to see my dad smiling down at me.

"Hey kid, slow down! What are you rushing for?" My dad asked with a small twinkle in his dark eyes. I smiled at him.

"I'm going to school! Last day! Can't wait!" I told him, really excited, just because it was the last day.

"Well that's cool! How's your packing coming for our trip?" He asked. I smiled bigger. My dad promised me we could go anywhere I wanted if I got good grades all year, an I did!

"Good! Dad, is it okay of we go to New York for our vacation? I mean, it's really cool there! With the Empire State building, Ground Zero, an-" I stopped and looked at him. His eyes had grown wide and he started to breath really hard.

"Hold on one sec." He said, turning around and walking to the kitchen. He seemed like he was in a trance. I stood there, not doing anything for a couple minutes, then decided to leave.