~Chapter Three~

"MOOOOOOOM!" I shout loudly when I get home. I dump my school bag by the door and kick off my shoes.

It felt good to be home.

"MOOOOOOMMMMMM!" I call again, determined to ask what was wrong with Dad, what happened earlier, and if it would effect us in anyway.

"MOM ISN'T HOME SAM!" Came a deep voice.

My dad

Of course!

THIS COULD BE BETTER!

"HEY DAD!" I call to him.

"HI SWEETHEART!" He called.

"HEY DAD, I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS! WHERE ARE YOU?"

"I'M IN THE BASEMENT. I'LL BE UP THERE REALLY QUICKLY!" I inwardly groan. The basement. The one place I'm not allowed to freaking go!

I sigh out loud and start to drag my feet over to the giant couch in the living room, ready to sit down for a couple of minutes. I get over to the couch to sit down when I hear feet coming up the stairs to the living room.

Wonderful I think

I start to get up my courage to ask about New York again when I hear a knock at the door.

"I got it!" I call just as my dad appears at the top of the glass stairs to the his secret man basement. I turn around from the couch and sprint over to the door, my curiosity for multiple things going off. As I finish my 5k to the door, I see two figures outside of it, through the glass around the side. I immediately recognize the people and happiness comes over me. My hand reaches the door handle and in one swift movement I have it open and I'm out the door in a second.

"Uncle Steve!" I shout at the top of my lungs as I fling myself at him, trusting him to catch me, and he does, pulling me into a hug milliseconds later, lifting me off the ground for a moment.

"Hey kiddo!" He says, setting me back down on the ground carefully.

"What about me? Do I get some love?" Came the voice of the other person. I let go of Uncle Steve and spin around on my toes, looking at the other one.

"Uncle Bruce!" I shout just as loudly, flinging my arms around him too. He sways a bit, but wraps his arms around me too.

"Hey young one." He says, letting me go when I loosen my grip on him.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, some hair falling into my face. I shove it away quickly though as I let them walk through the door in front of me.

"We've come to see your Dad. Your Mom called us up earlier, said to come by." Uncle Bruce said as he walked through the door right in front of me.

"Oh yeah, I think I know what you are talking about..." I say, my voice becoming very quiet. The two older men turned towards me, confusion on their faces.

"Sam, what happened?" Uncle Steve asked, taking a step towards me and putting a hand on my shoulder. I smile up at him, wondering if the events from earlier are what made mom call them here, all the way out in dried up Cali...

"Nothing much," I say to him quickly, deciding to tone down what had happened. "I just asked if we could go to New York since I got all straight A's this semester. Dad started to flip a bit, but it's fine now, in fact I think he's in the living room at this moment." I manage to get out before we even get ten feet from the door, and as I look up, I know I've toned it down enough. The looks on the twos faces is calm a bit, like they knew this would happen, and I'm glad I didn't tell them about the panicking or anything of that nature. "So all in all everything seems pretty normal now."

"That seems better than what I thought would have gone down, your mom sounded very frantic this morning when she called me." Uncle Bruce told me as we drew closer to the living room. I glanced through the door way and noticed my dad was sitting on the couch now, holding what seemed to be a glass of water, sipping away at it till everyone came in. As we did, he glanced over at us and a shocked look crossed his face.

"Steve? Bruce?" He asked as he sat his glass down on the coffee table, standing up to walk over to them.

"Tony," Uncle Steve said, a slight edge to his voice. "I hope you don't mind that Pepper invited us over today." I couldn't tell much from people's voices, but I had a feeling my father didn't have much of a choice in Uncle Steve and Bruce staying.

"Not at all, I'm honored to have you two here." He told Steve, then he turned to Bruce, a grin on his face. "Hello science bud. Haven't seen you in a while. How've you been?" He asked him.

"Fine, fine, been keeping cool, been going good." Uncle Bruce said, smiling back a bit awkwardly. I grinned at the three men in my family's living room, so happy to see them all again. I couldn't believe they were all here.

"Uncle Steve, Uncle Bruce, would you guys want something to eat? It turns out I can cook! Specially better then my dad." I say to them, snickering lightly at the end, remembering when my mom told me about the omelette my dad attempted to make for her as a "I'm sorry gift." It went as well as it sounds. My uncles laughed too, obviously also hearing about the omelette situation, and my Dad growing bright red.

"I knew Pepper would hold that over me the moment my daughter experimented with cooking." He grumbled, not pleased with anything going on now.

"Aw, calm down Daddy!" I say as a skip over and kiss him in the cheek, then turning around to face my two Uncles. "How about something light? I can make dinner later on." Everyone agreed on that plan and I made my way over to the kitchen, deciding that this was a much better way to spend my summer vacation.

_______________________________
1045 words!! Victory screech!! *SCREEECH!!* Sorry it took so long! I hope this made up for it. I'm kind of making up the plot as I go, so if something's don't match up, I swear on the river of Styx that I will go back and fix it and b.t.w.'s I really like Percy Jackson books XD SO LETS GET THIS THING ROLLING AGAIN WHOOP WHOOP WE GOT THIS GUYS AND THANKS FOR THE 2.03 READS AHHHHHHHHHH!! SEE YA'LL LATER!! Peace!!
-Grace