"You are a lot stronger than I thought you were; Ebony." [04]

[PICTURE OF EBONY'S DRESS] ------------------------------------------------->

4 days later:

“I hate you.” Marissa hissed venomously at me in the car; and I rolled my eyes at her immaturity. Lucky me got loaded with her in the car; and she hadn’t let it go that I’d apparently not only ruined her birthday, but also her life.

The girl was so melodramatic.

Once we pulled up; Marissa stormed in immediately, and I rolled my eyes. The girl needs to get her head checked or something. I was dubious as to why she had hated me all these years. I put it to the back of my mind, and casually strolled in with the rest of my family in tow. Servants actually opened the rented hall for us; and I gasped, astonished.

We’d never had servants before!

So I slowly wandered in; and eyes fell upon us all quickly. I watched as the perverted men’s eyes raked over me and my sister’s bodies; and I suddenly felt so violated. These were my co-workers for goodness sake! I continued to walk forward; until someone stood in my pathway.

Mr. Jefferson.

He immediately caught Chloe and Marissa’s attention; Kate was in a long-term relationship and everyone knew I was too. “Miss. Michaels. And here was me thinking you weren’t going to show.” He smirked knowingly; and I rolled my eyes. “Didn’t really give me much of a choice; did you?” I shot back venomously.

My mother then shot to my side; and my father the other, and smiled up at the devil before me. “Oh darling, please introduce us to your new friend.” My parents had that gleam in their eyes which always made my nerves stand on end. “Mum, dad; this is Mr. Jefferson my new boss- Mr. Jefferson; meet my parents.”

“Please, call me Daniel.” He said full of charm.

He’d already won my mum over.

My dad looked sceptical, but once he started describing his loyalty to his work and what not; I knew he’d also won over my father. Something my own BOYFRIEND couldn’t seem to do. I scoffed to myself and tried wandering off; but my boss caught my arm.

“You owe me a dance; remember?” I heard my mum squealing and trying to keep it down; and I pictured myself shoving a sock in her mouth in embarrassment. I knew he wouldn’t relent, so I grasped his hand reluctantly and let him pull me to the dance floor.

His arms easily curved around my waist; and I let his hands rest on the small of my back. I slowly slid my arms around his neck, and studied him closely; keeping an eye on his hands to make sure they didn’t start wandering.

“You look beautiful tonight.” He whispered huskily in my ear; and shivers went rushing down my spine as his lips tenderly touched the tip of my earlobe. “You don’t brush up bad yourself.” I replied after gathering my confidence up. He chuckled, and moved his lips away from my ear. I let out a breath I didn’t even realise I was holding in relief.

Why was he affecting me like this? Not even Shaun managed to make me feel so warm and mushy; he didn’t send jolts of excitement through me...

Oh God, what was I thinking?! I can’t think like that at all! I’m basically cheating on my boyfriend in my mind! Looks like I’ll be the one beating myself up soon... I mean yes my boss is attractive; but he’s insensitive, cruel; and completely egocentric. I frowned to myself. What the hell was I getting myself into?

“Penny for your thoughts?”

“I’d be £100 richer; I’m having many thoughts at this precise moment in time.”