"I miss you so much it hurts." [05]

I woke up the next morning, feeling the best I had ever felt in a VERY long time. I stretched my arms; only to feel warm, soft skin under my left one. I retracted it immediately and rolled over; to see a chest, and when my eyes followed the chest upwards my eyes met a familiar face.

The face of my boss.

My eyes widened in pure shock; and when I tried to wriggle out of his bed; something hastily pulled me back tightly into him; my heart racing off the charts.

His arms were around me.

What do I do?!

Suddenly, he groaned; and I watched his eyes flutter open. So in the spur of the moment I shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I felt his warm breath on my face; and one of his hands cautiously tucked a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear neatly.

He sighed, and his hand fell to where it originally was; my waist.

This tingling feeling isn’t normal; is it?

He pulled me EVEN closer again; and I felt the guilt start piling up. This felt so wrong; but at the same time so right. What the hell was wrong with me?

“You don’t even begin to understand the effect you have on me.” He whispered into my hair; and I gulped. “You’re so strong; stronger than anyone would EVER imagine. I just wish I could take you away from that place; from him.” I felt the venom in his voice when he referred to Shaun.

“He doesn’t deserve someone as special as you,” He started slowly.

“Fuck, I don’t even deserve someone as special as you.” He chuckled nervously.

He made a swear word sound sexy. I was starting to think this was all some messed up fantasy in my head; and I was actually still asleep.

“I tried being mean to you; to try and push you away. You made out it didn’t bother you; which made me attracted to you even more. It’s so stupid considering I’ve not even known you for a week. I wouldn’t say I’m in love with you or anything; but my feelings are strong for you...”

I froze in his arms. Luckily; he didn’t seem to feel my body suddenly tense up at his words.

I wouldn’t say I’m in love with you or anything; but my feelings are strong for you...

He actually just said that?

“And now I’m talking to someone who’s asleep. My life gets crazier by the second,” He paused.

“But I wouldn’t change it for the world.” He purred softly; finishing his sentence. I shuddered; and tried to control the mental frenzy I was having. My thoughts were just rocketing all over the place in my brain; I couldn’t even comprehend some of them; they were so jumbled. But I managed to catch some.

God he’s sexy...

My boss likes me?!

God if Shaun knew...

Oh my God Shaun!!

I’m in his bed...

He smells too good to be true.

This is insane!

I need to leave.

But I don’t particularly want to.

I’m too warm.

HE’S too warm.

I fluttered my eyes open; and my boss grinned at me. “Good morning; Ebony.” His husky voice spoke, and butterflies were puking in my stomach with nerves and excitement mixed.