Curiosity

They were eating the cat.

Thank god it had stopped yowling a while ago, but its guts still squelched when they ripped them out with their teeth. The three of them, hunched over a dead cat, tearing into rubbery intestines with relish.

And those teeth. I couldn't stop looking at their teeth, decaying and smeared with blood. To be fair, dead cats probably weren't great for dental hygiene, but hollow-eyed and gaunt, I couldn't imagine those three giving a shit about bad breath or cavities.

Hunger, that's what drove them. Taylor and Mercedes and now a dead cat.

And even that wasn't enough. Britt leaned over and took a chunk out of Kevin's ear, but he didn't even notice because he'd gotten a bigger pile of guts while she was distracted.

His ear peeled off in her teeth with a squeal. Gross.

Of course, the three had been ass-hats when they were properly alive, but I doubt they'd have been chowing down on a dead feline and ripping off ears and slurping out brains. Really, I should've blown their brains by now, but curiosity got the better of me. That cat too, I'd guess.

A track star, the homecoming queen and a drug dealer tear into a dead cat...What was that punch line?

Still, shitty people still deserved more than dead cats.

I lined up my scope and pulled the trigger.