Monsters as Mean as Men

It was hot, and the sun glared upon the heated sand. Jimmy began to rot, as they made their way, Timmy and his merry band. The air had got, so heated that, they could hardly see their own hand. Even Timmy who usually did not, notice the climate, took off his jacket, his pale skin gradually becoming tanned. It was as Timmy and his lot, made their way across this desert land. That they spied upon a mass of shinning silver making its way towards them.

 As they approached they saw, that it was an army of a thousand men maybe more. Timmy and his companions four, dismounted from the floating cloud. And towards the men they shouted "Hello" their voices clear and loud.

In return from the army emerged a man, and towards Timmy he ran. He said proudly "I am Sir Galahart, the most noble and just. The most brave and good and strong over whom many lust . I and my men travel here slaying monsters till they are all but dust. But to you scruffy urchin I must, question why you called to us."

"I merely wanted to know." replied Timmy, "From whence you came and where you go. For it is dull in the desert and our progress slow."

"Do not waste my time. It should be a crime! Do you know who I am you infernal little slime?" shouted Sir Galahart.

"You said you were the most good of men. But if I challenge you to that title, what then?" said Timmy, mocking.

"Then we shall fight till one of us lies dead and the other is proved right. But I assure you, you will crumble before my might. For I have slain many creatures of the night. To the horned beasts to demons in the form of a babe. I have ventured into forest, lake and cave. And to all monsters I met I gave, suffering and death which even they in their shrunken hearts must crave." raged Sir Galahart

"Oh how noble you are." said Timmy sarcasticly, hopping on his cloud to leave, "Good day most noble of men." he sneered.

Behind them the insulted knight shouted "I hope you shall be by monsters eaten!"

Timmy replied, "By no such creature shall we be beaten." Then turned to The Apothecary, "We still have our means of security?"

"As secure as    bombs can be.    These things could    kill a town    full of monsters,    you believe me." replied the Apothecary.

"Or a town full of men." smiled Timmy.

A while later when the moon was full. And all were feeling comforting sleep's pull. They saw a snaking stream of light, across the desert plain. This march of torches, this luminous train, was created by a parade. A parade like nothing on this mortal earth, a parade of monsters.

At the lead was a creature whose body was composed entirely out of a silken robe, in its hand was wooden pole at the end of which there was a bell. The creatures face was a mask, a golden decorated thing, like those worn at a masqeurade  eaxcept the mouth part was lined with real teeth and through the eye holes one could only see an infinite tunnel of darkness. He banged his bell and pranced from one foot to another shouting "The Parade is here! The Parade is here! Come one and all! Join our merry ball!"

Next to this creature marched another being, a baby but whose arms stretched to a disproportionate length, causing it to tower above the rest, its infant body supported by four spindly limbs. Its head too was larger than a normal babe's and in the centre of its head, where an infant is commonly known to have a soft spot where the four corners of the skull are yet to meet, sprouted a tube. This tube, a fleshy pink in colour, ended in an aged mouth, wrinkly and almost toothless. This grotesque combination of youth and age swayed and marched, the babey screamed and gurgled celebrating the forthcoming life while the aged mouth sprouting from its head screamed and maddeningly rejoiced the approaching blissfull peace of death.