chapter seven

Train drove non-stop until he almost got to Baltimore. His eyes were weighing down on him and despite Charmaine claiming she can drive, Train already had enough brushes with death for the moment.

Train managed to get a room at a hotel on the outskirts of town, He was tired and just needed to crash for a few hours. He also felt he needed a shower because he was smelling a little funky.

He didn't really bring any clothes with him. When he had decided that he was taking the trip out to get Charmaine, he didn't plan it all the way through. Charmaine suggested just washing the clothes they had in the sink and going shopping the next day. Train agreed but at that moment he would have agreed to anything, he just wanted to relax so he could be alert later.

Train got the key from the front desk clerk and headed to the room with Charmaine in tow. The night clerk was breaking his neck to look at Charmaine through the glass partition but Train paid it no mind.

Train made it to the room his key card said and swiped it across the lock. The lock beeped and Train opened the door. There was only one bed, a night stand, a 32 inch television mounted on the wall, and a bathroom on the far right. The carpet in the room looked old and moldy but Train didn't care. He only cared about getting his rest.

"Want to do shifts," Train said taking off his shirt.

"Excuse me," Charmaine gasped.

"I mean turns sleeping in the bed," Train retracted. "I mean I know you still young fresh and green under there and I don't want you getting any ideas."

"Oh, please," Charmaine rolled her eyes.

But Charmaine was checking out Train's body as he tossed his sweatshirt on and then pulled down his sweatpants revealing his strong and muscular thighs. He turned around to see Charmaine staring at him.

"Um, hello, earth to Charmaine," Train laughed. "Don't look at what you can't handle."

Charmaine laughed too. "Please, give me a break."

Train kicked off his Timberland construction boots off and flopped on the bed to pull the rest of his sweatpants off. Charmaine looked at Train who had on nothing but a pair of boxers on.

Train covered his chest with his hands. "Stop looking at me like a piece of meat. I have a face."

Charmaine just shook his head. "Whatever."

"Look, I'm tired, I'm going to hop in this shower and then take a nap," Train informed. "I got first dibs on the bed. I'm sorry Ladies first only matters to me on two occasions. One is entering a building or vehicle, the second is catching an orgasm. Everything else is pretty much up for grabs."

Charmaine bit her bottom lip. "Is that so?"

"Don't get no ideas, young buck," Train said. "I don't want you to get sprung and have to explain to the next man you mess with why my name is tattooed on three places on your body."

"You are so cocky," Charmaine noticed.

"You got the first part right," Train winked. "You don't need to know Y."

Train yawned. "What am I doing? I must be tired. I'm flirting with a high schooler like it's a prom night and I'm 13 again."

"I'm not a high schooler," Charmaine defended.

"Whatever you say, shorty," Train replied getting up from the bed. "I'm taking a shower. No wet dreams while I'm in there. I'll be back looking for puddles."