chapter twelve

When Tone came to, his head was hurting and he had trouble moving his body. He blinked hard and felt a trickle of blood skip past his eye and fall down to the floor.

He tried to move again but to no avail. He groggily looked around and down and realized he was tied down to a chair in some very thick sheets and his hands were handcuffed behind the chair's back.

He squinted his eyes and looked around the room, He appeared to be in a bedroom. The chair was perpendicular to a Queen sized bed and dresser on the opposite end. He shook his head trying to remember what had happened.

He heard voices and looked to his right. There was a door there that was open and he could hear conversations happening right next to the doorway.

"Look, do what you have to do with him then I want him and his stupid thugs out," he heard a woman say. "I don't care how you do it. You don't think my neighbors heard all that ruckus?"

"Oh, please, they just think it's Orgy night at your house," Tone heard a male voice say. "They know you throw your secret parties on any day ending in AY."

"Fuck you, Train!" the female remarked.

Train! The name sent a chill down Tone's spine and then it all came back to him how he ended up in this situation.

He was waiting for Train to show his ugly face around so he could get some payback for what Train did to him at the barbershop. He had lost some respect on the streets since that day and he wanted to make Train pay for what happened.

Tone shuffled around again in his restraints again. He had to get out of there. Train was the reason all of this was happening. He wanted Train so bad. Everyone knew Tone had a bad taste for Train but people also knew Train was not a man you take lightly. Sure Train was a sarcastic ass bastard that would crack a joke even at a funeral but he also was made Brooklyn-tough and been through more shit and survived just as much as anyone could imagine.

Tone knew his revenge would fall on deaf ears because no one would dare challenge Train. Tone remembered the whole police force was after Train and even they recanted so who was he?

However he was approached by someone that had a grind to axe with the legendary Train as well and he used that opportunity to put his plan in motion. He managed to get some guys together to help him with promises of a big score if they got at this sucker right. All he had to do is wait in the obvious places for him to show up. He put feelers out, paid look-out boys to just tell him if Train popped up anywhere. He got the call he was at some old stripper's house not too far from him and he headed that way with nothing but revenge on his mind, it was all going perfect until...

"I'm just tired of saving your ass," Tone heard another guy speaking. "Damn, I'm going to have to change my name to Captain Save-a-Nigga."

"Please, you couldn't save a bread crumb from dropping into Lushus' bra," Tone recognized the voice of Train saying. "But on the real, we got to decide what we going to do with NappyZilla in there and his Gorilla Unit."

Tone looked around. Where was the guys he had came in with?

"Hey, I hear something," Train said from outside the door. "I think Sleeping Ugly is up. Let's see what insight he can bring to the situation."

"Just get these niggas out of here," the female was protesting again.

"I said, alright," Train said before appearing in the doorway. "Just put a titty in one of those nigga's mouth and keep quiet. I need a moment with Scruffy Smurf."