Ch. 30

We walk into the airport and wait in line to check in. I'm feeling excited, I don't know why but it feels right to get away. I feel like I can breathe. I don't have to look over my shoulder for my mother... or his mother.
"I forgot to tell you that I made an appointment with Dr. Lisa Goldstein. She's an gynecologist in Marquette. Do you know her?"
"I do, I bet she was shocked you made an appointment for me."
"Well, I talked to the receptionist. I'm sure she'll have something to say at the appointment." He agrees, smiling. Everyone knows Dr. Goldstein. She's definitely a loving and caring women but she's very outspoken and has an outrageous clothing style. At sixty two she owns more fluorescent colored clothes than anyone I know. I adore her, but most people, my mother included, stay away from her. She says, the people who don't like her, don't like to hear the truth. I have to agree with her.
We get to the counter and check our bags and get out boarding passes. We make it through the security line and walk to our gate. I check the time on my phone we have a fourth-five minute wait. We sit by the gate and Paxton takes my hand. I feel him playing with my engagement ring. I glance at him and he looks like he thinking really hard.
"What are thinking about so intently?" I ask.
"I'm worried about how I've gone about this whole marriage process. Now, the only reason you're marrying me is because I got you pregnant."
"It's not the only reason. It's just one of the reasons."
He looks at me, his eyes a little more somber than earlier. "Are you sure this is what you want? I don't want you to regret anything. This is forever, I want you to know without a doubt that you want to marry me."
"I want to marry you. I was just thinking how right it feels to get away from everyone, to elope. I feel freer and happy, this is what I want." I assure him, pecking his lips. "I love you. It doesn't matter how we began, what matters is we began. I can't imagine you not in my life."
He pulls me closer to him and kisses me deeply cupping the back of my head. Resting his head on mine he says huskily, "I love you so much. I'll love you forever."
"I know, that's why I'm marrying you." I tease. I lay my head on him shoulder and he continues playing with my ring until they start boarding the plane. We're one of the first people to board the plane. Apparently, Paxton will only fly first class or private. When we get to our seats Paxton waits for me to slide in to the window seat. I look out the window watching the other planes take off down the run ways.
"Nervous yet?" he jokes.
"Nope, still excited. I can't wait to take off." I reply, happily.
He smiles, "I have to confess, I hate flying. So, if I don't look too happy when when take off, you know why."
"You fly all the time."
"I just hate the take off, landing and any bad turbulence." He explains.
"Well, You can cry into my shoulder if you need to. I promise not to make fun of you...too much."
He chuckles, "Deal." We wait about thirty more minutes and then the door closes and the announcements start. I listen and shut off my cell phone after I see Paxton do it. We start taking off down the runway and I look over to see Paxton leaning his head back with his eyes closed gripping the armrests. I put my hand over his and look out the window. I can't help smiling as we leave the ground.
When the plane starts to level out I can feel Paxton relaxing. I don't want to rush him if he's still nervous, so I wait for him to talk to me. I feel him face against me neck. ""All better now?" I ask.
"Nope. I'm just going to have to cry on your shoulder." He answers, kissing my neck. "It's been too long." He whispers.
I look at him, my head tilted in question. "What has been too long?"
He sucks on my neck lightly. "Since I've had you." His husky voice says it all. I blush and look around. No one is paying us any attention.
"Well, that's something we have to remedy, but at the hotel. Not here." I reply, scolding him for continuing his assault on my poor neck.

###Two things...I forgot my own wedding anniversary yesterday! Facebook friends are awesome for reminding me!...Lol and I finished this chapter and forgot to update...sorry @keeper21!!! Xoxo.