The Scorpion

The media is Jenna's dagger.

Jenna's POV

We reached Long Island two hours later. Elizabeth said that she should drive, because she actually knows where the camp is. I didn't argue with her. If this place was going to give me answers about my life, then I was perfectly fine with an odd surprise road trip. By the time we arrived at what I assumed was Camp Half-Blood, it was pouring rain and freezing outside. We tried to make it through the arch that said "Camp Half-Blood," but a tree was struck by lightning in front of us. It fell down, almost crushing Elizabeth. She jumped backwards towards me just in time.

"That was close," I said, worried. 

"Yeah. Come on, we gotta get through. Then we'll be ok," she said. We went around the tree and saw someone waving their arms and yelling 100 feet away.

"Behind you!" the person said. It appeared to be a girl with blonde hair. I spun around, and came face to face with a huge scorpion. It was 20 times the size of a human. It came toward us, and I touched my necklace. My bow and arrows appeared in front of me. I grabbed them and readied an arrow.

"You'll never be able to make the shot, Jenna. The scorpion's exoskeleton is like armor. There is no flesh. The arrows will just bounce off," Elizabeth said, with a terrified look on her face.

"I can still try," I told her, and aimed the arrow at one of the scorpion's huge eyes. I let go of the bowstring, letting the arrow fly. It sank deep into the eye. The scorpion shook its head, trying to get the arrow out. I touched my necklace again, and the bow and arrows became charms again. I climbed a tree nearby, clutching the dagger at my hip. Before we left my house, I had grabbed my dagger. It had been my mother's. It was the only thing I had that held any memory of my parents. When I reached the top of the tree, I pulled the dagger out of my belt. I waited until the scorpion turned away from me, then I jumped on its back. I found a gap in the scorpion's armor at the base of its neck. I stabbed the scorpion and it turned to golden dust. I cursed myself silently, for not thinking my plan through. I fell through the air, for at least a hundred feet. I hit the ground and smacked my head on a root. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was Elizabeth leaning over me, her mouth moving, but I couldn't hear what she was saying.