Chat

"That boy Michael was cute," I told Elizabeth as we walked to my cabin.

"Funny you say that. Out of all the kids in my cabin, he's the most like you. He's smart, good at archery, funny and single. Just like you." She punched my shoulder.

"Thanks," I replied with just a touch of sarcasm. We approached my cabin and I quickly found my duffel bag with my stuff for the trip in it. "Where are we meeting to leave?" I asked Elizabeth.

"At the Big House. Come on, let's go." We walked to the Big House. Elizabeth had grabbed her bag while we were inside her cabin. After a minute of silence, she started to talk. "You know, I could ask Michael out for you if you want."

"Elizabeth!" I shouted. "I don't need a boyfriend right now!"

"Just saying." 

"Whatever."

"Jenna has a crush! Jenna has a crush!" Elizabeth said, taunting me.

"Quit it!" I yelled at her.

"Jenna has a crush on who?" said someone behind me. Slowly I turned around, dread filling me. Of course, with just my luck, the person was Michael.

"Nobody," I said quickly.

"Yeah, right," Elizabeth said. She took off running to the Big House, knowing that I was going to kill her.

"Ugh," I muttered, "I'm going to kill her."

"If you want, when we get back I can prank her," Michael said, a smile filling his face.

"That would be wonderful," I said, "But first, I'm going to go tackle her." I ran after her, Michael trailing behind me.