• FOUR •

Patrick

"Don't you have class this morning?"

I slowly looked over at Braxton, he had come over to the pack house to "see that I had settled in. Really it was more than likely that he is bored and had nothing better to do.

That was his life now.

Alpha of the pack.

I used to envy him, most popular guy, star athlete in high school, youngest Rho Alpha Kappa president, youngest Alpha. But now that schools over for him, all that was left was the pack...sure he has an actual job, but it is a cake walk compared to what he's use to.

Especially after last year.

"I'm ready," I motioned toward my clothes and books.

"You need to take this year seriously Patrick, everything from this day forward will start setting your future in motion...so no more messing around thinking things are just going to get shit handed to you."

I bit my tongue.

As much as he was irritating me at the moment...he is still my Alpha, and my actions toward him would definitely have consequences.

"You know I'm surprised to see you here so early...shouldn't you be with Harper?"

"Well as much as I honestly would like to be with my mate this morning...she left to meet up with the girls before class."

I halted my actions.

"The girls?" I questioned.

"Yeah Ellie and Mariah, they're all starting school today too."

"That's cool." I said as I got up now. "I guess I should probably start heading out...see ya around B."

I grabbed a notebook to take a few notes down on and a couple books that two of my classes had asked for.

As I walked toward the university (as the frat house isn't too far from the campus) I had let my mind trail back to Elise's wedding a month ago.

"My brother was left the house in the will, our stuff should be arriving in two days."

She had spoken the words, I had heard her say them.

I didn't quite know how to react at first.

I wanted to be excited.

I felt like she was coming back for me when I had heard it.

As brash as it sounded, her mother wasn't hear anymore, so why come back? She could go anywhere.

Everything that I had done since she left slowly crept forward, and even though all of the girls seemed like faceless beings to me, they were an instant release of my pent up aggressions...the very ones she had caused when she left me that evening.

"I don't need you."

How those four words had taunted me every night since then.

But none of the even mattered anymore, I vowed to myself that I would NEVER be with her, I had rejected her as my mate.

I just wish my wolf would shut the hell up about going to see her.

I had mindlessly been walking toward my first class and upon entry I found the class had already begun.

I took a seat in the very back and even settled to begin taking notes when my wolf suddenly had my head turning slightly toward the left...and there sitting happily, smiling and giggling was Mariah.