Epilogue

-4 months later-

As Patrick drove he reached out and grabbed hold of my hand.

"You okay?" He asked calmly.

"Just a little nervous." I admitted, "I mean I'll love our baby no matter what, but is it bad if I'm hoping for one more than the other?"

He smiled and placed a gentle kiss onto the back of my hand, "I know exactly what you mean.

We pulled up to Braxton's house and got out of the car, I fussed with straightening out the hem of my dress, I always felt so uncomfortable wearing white...like I knew I was just going to drip food or spill my drink.

We made our way inside and found everyone had made it a point to wear either pink or blue. The house was done so lovely, Harper and Ellie went all out with the gender neutral theme for our gender reveal party.

When Patrick and I went for our last ultrasound visit, Dr Limmon was able to see the gender of our baby, so we had her write down the gender and place it in an envelope, the envelope was then given to a party store where they have these huge balloons. They agreed to fill one of their signature gigantic balloons with confetti associated with the gender of the baby.

So as of right now, no one at the party knows the sex of the baby, Patrick and I included.

We mingled.

And was so thankful that H and Ellie had taken my advice in keeping the party relatively small by just inviting family and close friends.

"How're you feeling?" Elise asked.

"Do you need anything?" Harper added.

I smiled, I was thankful for them, they along with Patrick were making this pregnancy so easy.

"I'm fine...and I don't really need anything right this moment, just trying to enjoy the day...I'm actually kinda nervous."

"Oh but why?" Harper asked sweetly.

I shrugged, "really I should say I'm just a little anxious to find out what I'm having, in a while I find out if I'm going to be a mom to a son or a daughter."

"And you're sure there's only one in there right?" Elise asked for clarification.

I nodded, "Dr Limmon assured us that she could only see one baby in there...and she's double checked at every sonogram session."

She nodded, the party went on and before we knew it everyone was being ushered outside for the big reveal.

Patrick found me in the crowd and grabbed my hand before carefully ushering us over to where the balloon was tied. I looked out past everyone and saw all of the people who were important to me smiling and ready to welcome my child into our crazy family; Harper and Braxton, Elise and Vance, Tommy and Val...Elise's parent alongside Braxton's mom, Frank, Braxton's best friend Ryder, Patrick's mother and step father, and Vivienne.

Alongside even a few new comers like Ivy, Trace, and Mr Boyd, Zoe and Morgan.

We were all one big family now and soon we'd be adding a new little edition to this crazy collection of people...and I couldn't be more excited for anything.

"You ready Duchess?"

My mates words filled my heart and I internally swooned a little at how adoringly he still looks at me, even now when I look like a freaking whale.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I responded slightly giddy now.

Patrick held onto the long needle in one hand and I held onto his other hand in both of mine, since he is much taller than me we both agreed he'd be the one to pop the balloon (plus I was kinda freaked out about popping the balloon in the first place).

He carefully pierced the latex material and soon lovely light pink filled the air and cascaded around us, I screamed in excitement. I had gotten the girl I had (not so secretly) wanted, Patrick leaned down and brushed some confetti away from my cheek before he kissed me.

"Is it safe to assume you're happy Love?" He asked.

"Happy?" I sounded with a slight laugh to my excited words, "thrilled would fit the bill a little better...I know you wanted a boy."

He shrugged, "there's always next time."

"And you're so sure there will be a next time?"

He smirked, "plus...think about how much fun it'll be trying to make another baby."  He said as he took me into his arms.

"I guess you'll have to refresh my memory later tonight.

But before we could get to carried away our family soon joined Patrick and I, they were all smiles as they congratulated us over and over again. My life was good, I was good, and soon I'd be a mom.

-The End-
...for now