• NINE •

Patrick

My wolf felt her before I saw her, but she was here...of all the parties going on tonight, of course she'd just casually waltz into this one.

I was glad for it if I was being honest.

Almost felt like fate was trying it's damnedest to bring Mariah and I together despite my rejecting her on a whim, something that I've regretted from the moment the thought popped into my head.

I let my wolf lead us through the party, I was moving blindly, I didn't know where we were going but my wolf had one thing on his mind.

'Mate'

I had to agree, not only did I want to see her, but I needed to see her, I had fucked up and it was time to face the music and apologize for everything.

I finally found her swaying to the beat of a song playing in the background, I smiled as she cutely moved, unashamed of her motions.

I made my way over to her and stepped up right behind her, she turned and looked up at me, her big brown eyes filled with excitement.

"Hey there Duchess."

I used my nickname for her.

Granted we didn't have very long together in the past... but from the time we had spent together I had found that Mariah was very upscale, classy, and effortlessly elegant, to me she seemed like royalty but not your typical snobby princess, because underneath that class was a whole lot of sass and thus Duchess was born.

Her warm brown eyes turned cold quick as the excitement washed away and anger began to flood them.

"Leave me alone Patrick, my date will be here any minute and I won't disrespect him by being seen here with you."

"You are my mate and you have the audacity to walk back into this town and just date random guys?" I sounded, I was growing furious.

"I do, seeing as you did the same thing and worse with random girls...see I wanted us to work out, and maybe I should've told you what was going on in my life... but instead of waiting for me like a supposed mate or whatever would do, what did you do Patrick?!"

She was challenging me, my wolf was lying down and submitting to her.

And to be perfectly honest...I had never been so aroused in my entire fucking life, with every angry word and pronounced glare toward me my desire for her grew.

"...and furthermore, when I came back and tried to work things out you were literally with another girl...I could never be with someone who treats me so badly, you are a horrible guy!"

I rolled my eyes and reached out for her, my hand placed its self just on the small of her back.

"You don't mean that do you?" I asked softly, I risked it all and was relaying on what little of the Mates Pull I still had left for this girl. I reached my left hand up and found her chin, I gently nudged her face upward, making her look at my pleading eyes, "tell me you don't want me duchess."

"You're not fair Patrick" She said, her breath hitching, it could be the excitement of the situation or maybe it really did still have a small portion of this Mates Pull for real, but I could swear the heat surrounding us came only because of me touching my mate. "What kind of girl would I be if I just accepted being with a guy who just uses women...I'd constantly wonder about you cheating with another girl."