Challenging My Skills

Chapter 1
----------------------------------------------Two months have passed since my last show. It seemed like I didn't have what it takes anymore. After all I've only been in three shows. Fifteen auditions later and I still didn't get any callbacks. Was I lacking in my acting skills after all ,like Mr.Ochre said.
I thought I had plenty of life experiences to relate to my characters,but Mr.Ochre said I didn't put myself out there enough to even relate. Whatever that meant. At the time I just took his 'constructive criticism' like a grain of salt. But, now I wasn't so sure. Maybe he was right . Could I be missing something after all?
It was time for me to ,"put myself out there", but it was going to have to wait I just got a callback. Unlike the other shows I auditioned for this one required I turn in our applications first. It was odd,but I didn't question it. Getting a callback from nothing ,but a paper and some pictures was amazing. Today was the day I'd meet my competition.
There were only a few other girls waiting in their chairs, facing the stage. They must have done a lot of revisions to only callback seven girls. I could tell that the other girls were nervous has well,maybe they were facing a hiccup in their careers too. It seemed like hours we were waiting to receive our instructions. We're they going to come soon or not come at all. Whichever one it was they weren't being very professional.
"Excuse me ladies for being late. It's nice to see you all here. It is also nice to see what you are like when you're not putting on a show ."
So he wanted to see who we were when no one was looking. Well that wasn't very affective he should have put us in separate rooms.
"The job that you are being offered has nothing to do with you staring in a show." A few girls left.
"Good now I know who is actually serious about their acting career. You're not always going to get a lead. ", he laughed to himself like it was a joke.
"Anyway, the offered job does have to do with a show but not the show you were thinking of. "
"Well then what will we be doing?" I asked raising my voice so he could hear me.
He smiled "You will be pretending to be my brother's girlfriend. "
A few more girls left saying a few choice words, leaving only three girls left including me.
"So you're the more curious girls, huh? " He looked at the papers in his hand discarding what I could asume was the other girls applications.
"How come you're the one instructing us and not your brother if the job involves him? " I questioned again.
Why wasn't anyone else asking questions? I'm sure that they had them.
"He didn't want to effect the candidates decisions. That way we could tell would be best for the part."
"Why exactly does he need our...assistantce?" a girl with light brown hair questioned.
"Personal reasons. You'll know more about all of that if you get the job. "
"Then I see no reason to stay. If I am going to be his fake girlfriend then I should know the reasons that affect my 'character's persona'.", And with that the girl stormed out of the auditorium.
That left only three of us.
She did have a point though. How would we know if we would be fit for the role when we didn't have any of the details about it?

〰〰〰〰〰
I know it's a slow start,but could you please give it a shot? If you at least read up to chapter ten and if you still don't like it, thank you for giving it a try anyway. I'm open to any comments or suggestions you may want to give me, there's always room to improve. - Allonym
∞READ∞
★VOTE★
∞COMMENT∞

All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or in any means- by electronic , mechanical, photocopying , recording , or otherwise- without prior written permission.
Copyright © 2014 Allonym
Copyright @Allonym