❞How'd he ignore his desires...?

A/N: Something which you were expecting from the last two chapters is here! Go read and vote ;) And I am waiting for your comments too :)

Video Attached: Reprise (Cover) version of 'Tu Zaroori' by Arman Malik. The original version of this song is still in my playlist and I think this song just makes the lyrics more beautiful.

*****

8. How'd he ignore his desires...?

°°°

After crossing the barricade of railway tracks, Krishna was welcomed with a vision of green shades of trees and architectural designs of the Victorian Era.

The Angrezon ke Zamane ke Ghar -the yellow-white-washed, maroon roofed quarters with side-supplied housings for servants were arranged in an order.

The roads, junctions and everything were filled with silence. The quiet environment broke its semblance for a few minutes when a cuckoo sitting on the thin branch of a banyan tree sang melodiously, making the eeriness diminish.

As the fine tune of the bird ended, the constant sound of tyres crunching the roadside leaves and him changing the gears remained. Krishna turned the last left of the road to reach the instructed address.

He'd visited there. It had been the time when his parents had forced him to get more information about Xavier. He'd made sure to do a full background check-up about him.

The list included:

-Xavier's parents' and relatives' names, including his late mother and stepmother.

-His father's occupation.

-His schooling and college life, his academic record.

-His circle of friends and colleagues.

-His job and work culture- which was almost none, as the lad was trying his hands at starting his enterprise.

-Also, the most important one- the list of his past girlfriends and any criminal records attached to him.

Being a police officer, it had come in very handy for him and he had used his resources to its worth. 'Xavier is a clean guy- a perfect eligible bachelor' had been his remark to recite to his parents. He smiled recalling the moment when his father had sighed. Both, his father and mother, had been worried to death after Subhadra had dropped the bomb. She had tugged in Xavier to their home and had declared that she was going to marry no one but him.

Reaching the intended house, he pulled down the gear and killed the engine. Unbuckling his safety belt he first set his hair and walked out of the jeep, whistling some random tune.

As he crossed the edge of his vehicle, he froze in his position. His voice cut off from his throat as he stopped breathing and stared ahead wide-eyed.

Fuck!? What the fuck?

He turned to go back into his jeep, to sit there for a while and rub his eyes to clear any hallucination.

Closing his eyes for a second, he pivoted back. No, he wasn't imagining her, he could feel it, he knew that his addiction had not gone to the limit of deranging him.

Oh, my fucking God, she...

He'd thought that after five years his girl would look something beautiful. But that wasn't the right word to fit her now. She wasn't just beautiful, she was much more than that now, so much more.