First Winter Alternate Ending Part 1

Hi everyone! It's been SOO long since I updated, so I figured that I might provide you guys with some alternate endings to Winter, since I just recently finished it. Please note that some things will be different from the book. So if you've read Winter, expect this to be a completely new thing. This will be the first. In a series of two, maybe. Or more(different ideas). Oh, and since I can't come up with a good ending, y'all will have to wait until I publish the second part to this>:)

~~~

"I'm going to Luna and I'm starting a revolution." Those words gave Kai so much hope. They gave Wolf the strength to find Scarlet. They gave Cress a chance to be a fighter. Those words inspired the Rampion crew. They realized at once Cinder would be an amazing queen.

---

"You fell for that, didn't you? You would save your Scarlet and be happy. It's too late. She's dead. You know how? I killed her." The face in front of him smirked.

Wolf bared his teeth at her. He trusted her with his heart and soul. SHE promised to him he would be reunited with Scarlet. How was it be possible she, of everyone, betrayed him? And the others? How would they find out? Would they even escape before they did? Questions raced through his mind. An unmanageable surge of anger bubbled in his mind. Wolf lunged at her when Scarlet appeared before him.

"Scarlet," he choked.

"You would kill me," she sobbed. Tears stained her dirt-stained face, as her eyes looked as innocent as ever. "I missed you so much," said Scarlet. Her once crimson curls  full of bounce and vigor were now grimy, dark strands  cut short. She was too thin. The bones visible in her hands and arms looked stiff and brittle. Her face showed wear and sadness. Her voice even lacked the energy and determination it had only a few months ago.

"I'm--sorry, Scar. For a moment I thought--"

"What?"

"I thought you died."

"Why would I be? I'm right in front of you." She leaned in as if she would kiss him. Wolf leaned in closer. He saw himself taking her in his arms and burying his face in hers. But something stopped him. Something was different. Their foreheads touched.

"Wait," he said, realizing it was a manipulation. "You're not.."

A sharp needle jabbed into his arm. "You're right," told her faint voice.

Scarlet's blurred silhouette walked out of his cell, never looking back. Wolf noticed a hazy red-ringed bruise appear on his shoulder. Soon, all went dark.

---

Cress clung to Thorne's chest.

"What's going on, Thorne?" she asked. Cress had lost her sight due to the attacks on LM-97. The fumes from the toxic debris had damaged her eyes.

"I don't have the slightest idea," he whispered. He only knew was that a guard had found them in hiding and captured them. They sat together in a dungeon cell, awaiting their fate. The hacker's big, blue eyes now tinged with gray were out of focus. It pained Thorne that Cress could never see again. It hurt him more than it should.

"Ah, the infamous lovers. The hacker and the convict boy," said a voice echoing from the far corner.

Thorne had trouble knowing whether the person was male or female. It cast in a tone so neutral he couldn't tell what the owner was trying to convey. Was the speaker trying to mock them? Or was he/she indifferent? Thorne felt frightened for the first time in ages. What if the person was Levana? She found out Winter and Scarlet escaped. Maybe she saw Cress had tampered with the security footage. "What a pity. You two look so cute together. You'll look even cuter when you're both dead."