Selene

"Oh my stars," exclaims a woman as they lift the charred hand and leg of the 3-year-old Princess Selene out of the ashes. "She's dead."

The innocent crowd of Luna's people watch the limbs being pulled out of the ashes on every single screen. The queen and princess are dead. Long live the new Queen Levana.

As soon as the screens turn off, the security system does as well. A tall man in his sixties wearing a pair of glasses and a white labcoat walks into the nursery of Princess Selene. He examines the ashes carefully. Soon, he finds what he needs. He carefully pulls out a small, charred, figure. It's almost dead, but still going. Selene. Her once sweet little face with rosy cheeks and dark hair was burnt and disfigured. The soft, delicate hands that once played with the dark, fair ones of Princess Winter were scorched and mutated lumps, well, at least one of them. The other hand had been burnt off and had been pulled out on the news. The pale, chubby leg that had just started running around the palace was now covered in smoking, blackened flesh. The other leg had been scorched off her small body.

He races out of the palace and onto a ship, where he is greeted by the petite Michelle Benoit. "Logan, are you alright?" she inquires.

"Yes, Michelle. I am quite well. Selene is barely alive, but I believe we can save her. Let's get out of here; I don't know how long it's going to be before she gives out," exclaims the doctor.

Arriving in France, Michelle Benoit carefully smuggles the body into her home without waking her granddaughter, five-year-old Scarlet. As she walks towards the basement carrying the bag that contains the barely-alive Selene, she senses a small figure come up behind her.

"Grand-mère, what are you doing?" whispers the petite, red-haired girl.

"Oh Scarlet, dear, it's very early, you shouldn't be up," says Michelle, "I am simply going down to the cellar to get you some tomatoes, your favorite!"

Scarlet's once somber face light up with excitement and asked, "May I come with you?"

Michelle started to panic, but she must not have shown it because Scarlet's facial expression never changed. "I'm sorry," she replied, "but good little girls like you should not be up this early. You must get more rest."

As soon as she said that, Scarlet's face fell, but she obeyed her grandmother and walked back to her bedroom. When she was out of sight, Michelle commed Dr. Tanner and said that the coast was clear. When she saw him creep to the door, she carefully unlocked the door to the basement and walked in with him then secured the door behind her.

Michelle gently placed the small figure of Selene onto the table. "Mon dieu, we have much work to do. This project will take years to complete," exclaims Michelle. "Do not fret, Michelle. With you, there is always a way," says the doctor.

~~

Eight years later

She is complete. The once charred toddler is now a normal 11-year-old. But, there were a few complications. The girl was missing a hand and a leg, but they were replaced with fully functional metal ones. She had a retinal scan with a lie detector and other major changes to her body, for example, not being able to blush because her system would overheat.

Her name was Cinder, and she had no memories of anything from her life before she woke up in the lab of Logan Tanner. She was told that her parents died in a tragic hover accident, but she survived with major injuries. Cinder was to be adopted by Linh Garan and live in New Beijing. Although she had no memories whatsoever, little did she know that in five years, she would be coming back to her home planet to start a revolution.

~~~

Thank you for reading this, if you did read it. I really appreciate it:)