Chapter 17

Hey y’all! Sorry for the long wait but I had a little bit of writer’s block but it’s better now! Remember constructive criticism is always appreciated and please VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17

                “So how was your date?” Mrs. Miller questioned me. Heat rushed to my cheeks and I shifted uncomfortably on the couch. Liam and I had returned from our wonderful date and were now sitting in the Miller’s family room with his parents.

                “Mom!” Liam exclaimed, placing an arm over my shoulder.

                “Sorry dear but I’m just so excited!” she was practically jumping in her seat and I couldn’t help but be amused even if I was extremely embarrassed. Looking over, I saw Liam roll his eyes making me smack him on the back of his head.

                “What was that for Buttercup?” He asked in a loud tone.

                “Don’t you roll your eyes at your mother!” I scolded him while shaking my pointer finger at him.

                “That’s right Brae!” Mrs. Miller told me appreciatively before turning narrowed eyes to her son.

                I saw the glint of fear in his eyes as he looked to his father desperately, “Dad? Help?” Mrs. Miller switched her glare to her husband and he held his hands up so his palms were facing forward. I think I saw him mouth ‘Sorry’ to his son, but I ignored it. “This is not fair! You can’t gang up on me!” Mrs. Miller and I looked at each other and then turned to him, simultaneously crossing our arms over our chests. “I surrender?” Liam asked feebly.

                “There you go.” I patted him on the cheek and he smiled weakly, letting out the breath he had been holding. “I’m going to go get a glass of water.” I announced to no one in particular.

                “Oh, I think I’ll come with you.” Mrs. Miller told me. That’s strange. Well, unless she wants to talk to me. Oh no, she’s going to ask me about the date! I gulped slightly and nodded jerkily. Mrs. Miller stood up and I did the same. She happily hopped her way to the kitchen and I moped along behind her. As soon as we passed through the swinging door to the kitchen, she turned on her heel to face me. “Tell me all the details.” She squealed like a teenage girl.