On My Way

HI!!! I'm super excited to be starting my first Harry Potter/Marauders fanfic!!! I hope you guys like it!! If I make and mistakes, tell me so I can fix them please!! Enjoy!!!

Oswin's pov.

           I woke up to the sound my dragon friend, Laelynn, snarling at the giant doors of the cave we share, and snorting smoke through her nostrils. She really needs to stop the smoke, it makes it hard to breathe in here. I got up, and walked over to her.

    "You are a grown dragon, stop growling at the door like a dog." I said.

    I am not growling like a dog, I'm growling like a dragon. Huge difference!

    "Well, I'm going to open the door, so don't barbecue whoever is at the door please, you're luck it was only a rabbit last time!"

       It wasn't my fault, that rabbit was highly destructive and it startled me by jumping at you.

      "All right, well thank you then. Just don't barbecue this one. It's a person. It knocked on the door."

      Fine, but I have a right to protect us if it does anything suspicious. She said huffily, and went to sit in the middle of the floor.

     Perhaps I should explain. I have had Laelynn since she was hatched, about six years ago when I first came to Durmstrang. Since the first time I touched her, my left palm glows silver from her magic, which gave me the ability to do magic without a wand, which has proven quite useful. She and I are connected, meaning we can speak to each other through our minds and feel what the other feels. Anyway, I pulled the cord to open the big doors. I've been thinking about getting a small one in there too, so it's less of a hassle to open. The door opened to reveal the Headmaster, Igor Karkaroff, who is like  a second family to me.

    "Are you almost packed, Oswin. We're leaving in an hour, you know."

    "Yes headmaster. The boys and I also have everything we need for our big entrance. We told you about that, right?"

   "I'm afraid not, my dear. I have a feeling it has something to do with your dragon and the fighting staffs, doesn't it."

   "Well done, sir. You're finally getting to know our dramatic tendencies. Yes, we have the boat and Laelynn for the first part, and then we have whole routine worked out for entering the great hall, as only a few students will witness our arrival. I will talk to Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid, then we will wait until the dinner feast to do our big demonstration. Don't worry, for that one, you just have to walk in dramatically with the rest of us, tell Dumbledore we have a demonstration, and then stand there looking proud of our amazing skills", I smirked.

    "Well, you seem to have everything planned out, so I will see you down at the boat, Oswin."

    "Yes, sir."

After he left, I started to put the bags I had packed on Laelynn's saddle.

    Do we really need all this stuff, Oswin?

    "Yes, as we're transferring to Hogwarts for the next two years. And don't complain, you've carried far heavier loads on much longer trips at a much higher speed than we are going to be flying at on this trip. Besides, you will be able to be just as majestic with a few small bags on your back."

   Very well, but only because you are right about my majesticness.

   "You know that's not a word, right?" I asked, as I tied the last bag onto the saddle, and hopped on,