Voldemort Interrupts my Book

This chapter is a few months later, after Christmas break. I might focus some more on Oswin and Remus and will have some of Remus's pov. enjoy!

-------A Few Months Later-------

Oswin's pov.

It has been a few months since the demonstration in the field, and things have quieted down some. Karkaroff seems to have heeded my warning and not planned any more demonstrations, thank goodness. There have been a few friendly Quidditch matches between our team and the four Hogwarts houses, we actually had one that lasted two days with Gryffindor before we won. It was no wonder, since my brother was the seeker, and he is very good. The quiet time has given me time to think, also. My feelings for Remus have grown, but I try to hide them. Everyone around me gets hurt, and I don't want him or my brother injured because I care about them. My brother constantly teases me about it when Remus and the others aren't around, and Laelynn joins in. Anyway, I have also made some new friends, one of them being Lily Evans, my brother's huge crush. Turns out, she actually had feelings for him too. They got together about a month after Christmas, and have been together for about two months. I am really happy for them, my brother and Lily are so happy. However, a shadow has been growing over the castle. Voldemort has been gathering followers and growing in power. But enough of that.

I was sitting in the common room with Remus and Sirius, Peter having disappeared. Remus and I were reading. I was reading The Lord of the Rings, Remus was reading The Hobbit, and Sirius was acting like a squirrel who had had too much coffee. He was running around the common room, changing the colors of the walls, the carpet, the furniture, and changing them back again. He did the same thing every time James and Lily went on a date and the rest of us weren't in a pranking mood. It's almost like cabin fever, but it starts about five minutes into sitting still, and then he's bouncing off the walls. So, we were having a quiet evening, quiet for us anyway, when James burst through the door, bleeding from a cut on his face.

"Lily...taken. Couldn't...get her." James said, breathing heavily.

"Woah, man. Sit down. What happened?" Sirius said.

Remus and I looked at each other in worry. James sat down and explained. He and Lily had been walking back from Hogsmead, when they felt something watching them. Shrugging it off as nothing, just paranoia, they had continued walking. Then, Lily was jerked from James's side and was pulled to a man with black robes and a silver mask. He was the size of a seventh year. He grabbed Lily. James tried to stop him, but didn't sense the man behind him. He was hit on the head with something heavy and saw Lily disappear with the men, then he blacked out. When he came to, there was no one around, so he came back here and told Dumbledore, who gave him permission to go after the men, saying they were snatchers.

"Those weren't snatchers." I said.

"What?"

"Those were death eaters, James. Dumbledore was partially right, some are part time snatchers, but those were the followers of Voldemort."

"Then we have to get Lily back now. She won't survive them." Remus said.

"Agreed. I'll get Laelynn to meet us by the lake." I said.

"You don't have to come, sis." James said, Remus nodded agreement.

"Yes, I do, brother. You will need me to get her out of there, especially if Voldemort is there. Even if you didn't need me, I would still be coming. Lily is my friend, and you love her. She's coming back, and if Voldemort has done anything to her, he's going to be sorry."