We Get Rid of an Evil Dragon

I want to explain that this is not a horrible thing that the two don't show a lot of emotion for this dragon. It is because the dragon has been twisted by Voldemort and fully believes in the evil side. The teachers didn't, of course, know this. This means Laelynn and Oswin feel sorry for the dragon, but they aren't going to let it kill their friends. Just wanted to make sure that made sense. Enjoy!

Oswin's pov.

  Everything was going great. We were beating the Graphorns, using spells of fire and cold to break their skin, and our weapons to slowly bring them down. And then, a roar rent the air. It was a roar full of evil and anger and destruction. The roar of an evil and angry dragon. This dragon was not just an angry, scared, normal dragon. This dragon sounded twisted. Evil. Like it would destroy everything in its path. In this roar, I heard one word: death. It wasn't an audible word, just an underlying meaning. But I felt it wash over the stadium, everyone's faces contorted in worry, some already in fear. I looked at the middle door, and watched it open, revealing an enormous blue dragon with wicked sharp claws and teeth. No, there's no way Karkaroff could have been so stupid. He couldn't have brought one of them. Not without telling me. The dragon's eyes found me, and seemed to recognize me. It roared again, and took a step toward me. Then, it cocked its head, seeming to think of something, and turned and shot fire toward my friends, both of Durmstrang and of Hogwarts, burning a few and causing the rest to duck. That was it! I would not allow this dragon to endanger my friends or my family! I looked up at my brother, Remus, Sirius, and Peter with a determined expression on my face, and saw them looking back at me. When they saw my expression, they seemed to know what I was about to do. My brother shook his head at me, trying to tell me no, but I turned back to my men. I was not going to let this dragon take someone else away from me!

   Laelynn, I need you.

   I see it. I'll be there in a second. This dragon is not taking anyone else from us. Get ready for a lift.

    "Stefan, Victor. Keep your men on the Graphorns."

   "What are you going to do." Stefan asked, although he already knew the answer. They both had the moment they saw that dragon.

   "I'm going to take care of that dragon." I said.

I raised my hand, and Laelynn grabbed it, flew high into the air, dropped me, and caught me on her back.

  I can't believe he did this! Especially without telling us!

  He knows what this dragon did, and yet he has the nerve to bring it here!

And put our friends in danger! After we get this over with, I'm going to have a word with him.

  Let's get him.

We thought as one as we shot toward the dragon. It fought us, scraping, clawing, biting. Both of us became bruised and bloodied as the fight went on. Claws and teeth and swords and spells clashed and broke apart and twirled in a deadly dance. The stadium had gone silent, but for the roars and clashes of the dragons and me. I was aware of my men behind us defeating the Graphorns and drawing back to watch. At least they were out of the way. We finally cornered the dragon. I yelled to the blue dragon's mind.

Why are you doing this? First you take Erik, Adrian, Andrei, Anton, Leonid, Vladamir, and the others, now you are trying to kill my other friends and my family too? Why do you always come after me?

Because your death is wanted by my master. With you dead, and your family, he can gain power and will have a clear way to power over the wizarding world.

We are not that powerful, Ladon.

Oh, but you and your rider together, that threatens my master, and he wants it gone.

Master? You mean rider?

No, master. We are not a team. He is more powerful than you could possibly imagine. He will strike down this world before any have a chance to stop him.

The dragon spit these words with dark glee, knowing he could not win. We would not let him get away or be captured this time.

Sorry dear, but I know who your master is, and he will not crush this world's spirit nor rule it. Voldemort shall not take power here. You can still get out of this and live. Fight with us, fight him, and you can live these days in peace.

It hurt to say this, as he had killed so many of our closest friends, but I felt sorry for him, and Laelynn did also. He did not choose this life, we knew. He had been raised from an egg to believe that we were wrong and Voldemort was the only way for him. I sat astride Laelynn in front of him, and I knew everyone in the stadium knew I offered him life.

  Never shall I betray my master. He will gain power and rule you. And he will free me.

  Unfortunately for you, He will not get the chance. I am sorry Ladon.

  But you will not take anyone else from either of us.

   Laelynn and I acted as one, shooting our best attack at Ladon, who fell, and did not rise again. I heard cheers from the crown as Laelynn flew down toward the ground, but I felt no joy or victory at the conclusion of the battle. I only felt sadness and anger. The sadness for the dragon passed for both of us before we hit the ground. He had killed many friends who were as close as family to us, but there was no joy in the kill. The anger, however, grew with every second. My anger was directed towards Karkaroff. How dare he do this. Normally, an unexpected challenge would be fine, even a dragon would be fine. But not this. He knew the risk, he knew what this dragon had done, and he put everyone here in danger. He put my brother, my friends, and innocent people in danger. Laelynn landed on the ground with a loud and angry thump, silencing all the cheers and clapping. The only people not clapping had been my brother, his friends, and the teachers.The anger rippled off me in waves. I think everyone in the stadium felt it because, as I walked toward Karkaroff, my men and the other students on the field cleared a way for me, scrambling out of the way. None of them had ever seen me this angry, and it seemed to scare them. Not that I could blame them, as the ends of my hair were on fire, but not burning, and my eyes were smoldering and had turned to looking like smoldering embers, glowing brighter with anger as it grew. I stopped in front of Karkaroff, and the silence was so absolute, you could hear the individual breaths of the crowd.

   "I'm sorry..." he started to say, but I cut him off. My voice was low, but everyone could hear what I said and could hear the dangerous tone in my voice.

  "No, sorry doesn't cut it. You were there when that dragon attacked our squad. You were there when he cut down my friends. You saw what he did then, and only captured him. That would have been fine, and we could have ignored his existence. But no, you decided that wasn't enough. You decided to bring him here, and put everyone in this stadium at risk. It would have been fine if it was anything else, even if it was a surprise, but not that. The next time you decide to do something like that, you will tell me beforehand. I don't care who you are. Don't you dare do that again."

   With that, I walked to Laelynn, mounted her, and we flew back to the cave, where we were both staying when I didn't spend the night in the common room.

I can't believe he did that! I'm gonna...

No, as much as I agree with you, we can't do that for him making a mistake. Hopefully our warning will make him think twice before doing something so stupid again.

Fine, but if it was my decision, I would barbecue him for putting you in danger. You and our friends.

I know you would, and I would support you in that, but we cannot turn to that path. Let's get back to the cave and patch up any damage caused by Karkaroff's stupidity. Then we will go to sleep. Tomorrow starts the Thanksgiving break, and we, and the marauders are staying here.

We got back to the cave, and I examined our injuries. Mostly small cuts, a few deep ones. I patched up the deep scratches, with only a few needing stitches, and bandaged them. Then, we settled in for the night, the fire in Laelynn giving warmth in the otherwise frigid cave.