Furry Little Problem

Oswin already know about Remus being a werewolf. How will be addressed in this chapter. Also, this is a while after they have been dating, and are an item. I didn't put in their dates, sorry. If people really want to know what happened, I might add that in later or make a collection of their dates in another book or something. The eyes up above are when she is a Pegasus. Also, I made up some things. Enjoy!

Oswin's pov.

  Remus has been acting a bit more serious than usual, but I can't blame him, today is the full moon after all. Yeah, I know about his furry little problem. I figured it out quickly enough. He was missing every full moon with the excuse that someone in his family was sick, or something like that. He hasn't told me yet, even though we have been together for about three months, but that's fine. It's his most guarded secret, and I will wait for him to tell me unless something else happens. That may be a very real possibility, as tonight is a blue moon. The blue moon is especially powerful over werewolves, as it is a double full moon. and my animagus brother and the others might not be able to keep him under control. Normally, I wouldn't walk the grounds on the full moon, but I feel the pull tonight. I have a hunch that something may happen, something that I may not be able to use my animagus form for. I can turn into a black Pegasus, but that won't do much against a werewolf on a blue moon. Usually, they would back up from the swinging hooves, but again, much is different on the blue moon.

    I put on my jeans and a long sleeve shirt with a jacket, put my wand in my pocket, and set off, staying connected to Laelynn.

  Are you sure this is a good idea?

Good idea? No. Necessary? Yes, I think so. Plus, I can try to talk Remus out of werewolf form if he gets out of hand.

I know you're immune to werewolf bites, but you could get hurt. You also know the only way for a werewolf to come back to their human form is to see the person they love and for that person to love them enough to not run. Do you love him enough for that?

Yes. I now realize that I do. I don't know, however, if he feels that strongly. I guess we'll have to see.

I will help you as much as I can.

Alright, but if I am hurt, you have to let go when I tell you, or it will hurt you, too. Promise?

Fine, but only because I am no use to you injured. But I am not happy about this.

I'll be fine.

Just then, I heard the sounds of animals running. I burst into the clearing in the trees, seeing a rat, dog, and stag being cornered by a werewolf. Seems I was right about the full moon, and my brother has already managed to get himself into trouble. I ran toward the group, and put myself in between Remus and the others.

  "James, Sirius, Peter," I said, not looking around, "back away, slowly."

They did so, and I could see their confusion out of the corner of my eye as I focused my attention on Remus. I could see him in there, he had stopped moving towards us, and hadn't attacked me, but I could see his control slipping. The more he panicked, the less control he would have over the wolf. I had to make him see he had some control.

  "Remus, you need to calm down."

He twitched, he was losing control fast, I could see he was going to lash out, and he knew it, but couldn't stop it.

   "No, stop freaking out. If you do, everyone here is going to get hurt."

Probably not the best thing to say. He freaked out, and I saw the fear and pain in his eyes. He bit at me, causing me to raise my left arm in defense. His eyes widened, seeing what he had done, a mixture of sadness and fear and pain. The pain was excruciating, his fangs piercing through to the other side, and my blood gushing to the floor. Laelynn lent me some of her strength to keep me standing, and dulled some of the pain. I saw my brother and the others moving towards us.

  "No. Back up!" I said in a commanding voice, which I have never used in front of them before. Startled, the backed up.

  "Remus, listen to me. This isn't you. This is the wolf inside. It is a part of you, but it does not control you. You control it. Push it down, and let go of my arm."

He was slipping again, and I could see his pain at hurting me and the fear that he couldn't push it down. I was very lightheaded, even with Laelynn there. If she hadn't been helping me, I would have passed out by now.

  "Hey. I can see you in there, Remus. You can do this. I believe in you, now you have to believe in yourself. If you can't do that, then believe me."

I saw him fighting an inner battle between fear and determination. I saw the determination win, and him start to change back.

  Laelynn, you have to let go now.

But..

  Now!!

I felt her draw back her influence, and the world grew dimmer. As soon as Remus's muzzle disappeared, my knees buckled, and I fell to the ground. Then the world turned black.

Remus's pov.

I felt the change come over me, and I was suddenly back in my human form. I ran over to Oswin. She really was amazing, and I loved her. I had just realized this, as I knew how werewolves could come back to their human form. Even like this she looked beautiful, her dark brown hair spread in a halo around her head, her peaceful face looking as if she was asleep. Wait, if people were being turned, they didn't scream or move, they lay still. I had turned her!

  "Oswin!" I cried. I couldn't believe I had done this to her, to the girl I loved.

James and the others came over, and helped me carry her to the hospital wing.

  "I'm so sorry, James."

  "I know you didn't mean to, we don't blame or hate you, okay? We just really need to get her to the hospital wing. And don't ask how I know you think we hate you, we know you too well."

We got to the hospital wing and I laid her on one of the beds while James got the nurse.

  "How are you here?" she said in shock when she saw me.

  "She talked me back into this form. Yes, I know how that works, we don't have time for that. Can you help her? She lost a lot of blood."

The nurse hurried us out of the hospital wing, and set to work.

                                            ==================TIME SKIP===================

    It has been a week, and Oswin still hasn't woken up. We're just now realizing how much she held us together. Peter is disappearing more often than before, Sirius and James haven't done a prank since and are being quiet, and I am pulling more and more into myself. I see how much of a monster I am and I don't talk much. Whenever I feel like I need to be alone, I go to the shrieking shack, and tell the boys I'm in the library studying, since they don't go in there. Honestly, I'm not even sure they know where it is. We are crumbling without her. I've been to visit her a few times, but she will probably hate me now. James is visiting her now. I told them I'm going to the library, so off to the shack.