Confusion?

I am going to start adding in other pov's throughout the story. Starting with James's!! yay!!

James pov.

What is wrong with my sister? Like, I'm glad she's here and I'm really excited to be able to actually spend time with her, but she is acting really strange. It's not just the trudging through the woods at almost midnight. I never noticed it before, but she has changed from the twin I knew when we were eleven and first got our letters. She used to be so excited about everything, mischievous and sweet too, like give you a toothache sweet. Don't get me wrong, she's still happy and mischievous and sweet, but she seems to be carrying a huge weight on her shoulders and it's wearing her down. Looking back on it now, I realize that she's been like that for about two years, since we were fourteen. I can't believe I didn't notice before. I'll ask her about it later. She is acting like she knows what she's doing, walking into the big, dark cave. Yeah, that's a great idea. Guess we'd better follow her, so she doesn't hurt herself. I can tell she and Remus like each other, even if they can't. I am worried, I mean, I am her brother, and if Remus hurts my sister he's a gonner, but I doubt he ever would. Also, I trust my sister to make the right choice. I mean, she went to an all boys school for most of her education, and she put one in the hospital, so she has to have some common sense. So, we follow my sister into the dark entrance of the cave.

As we enter, I light my wand and look around at the glittering walls of obsidian. This cave is huge! It could easily fit at least two giants on top of each other, even if both giants were forty feet tall! What does Hagrid have to do with this, anyway? Apparently we missed something when we snuck into the kitchens for a late lunch after exploring, because I didn't even know we had a ship in the harbor and a dragon somewhere. I saw the boat as we came this way, but no dragon. I looked at my friend's faces. Peter looked like he was in shock, Sirius looked confused as to why we were here, like I was, but then I looked at Remus. He looked so peaceful, I was taken aback. I had never seen him look so calm and relaxed. He was always worrying about either school or what we call his "furry little problem". I looked around again, and saw that Oswin was nowhere in sight.

"Oswin?" I called.

"This way! Come on, Slowpoke!!" her voice answered from down the tunnel.

I looked at the others and shrugged. They nodded, and we headed down the tunnel to a large open room. I saw Oswin in the middle, staring at a dark corner. As we got closer, I saw what she was looking at. A pair of glowing golden eyes stared back from near the ceiling. I jumped back, as it had startled me, and the others, except for Remus, had nearly identical reactions to mine when they saw it. Remus, however, went to stand by Oswin. I then heard a low growl come from the corner and saw some fire flare up and illuminate a scaly golden face and then flicker out. I gulped. It was a dragon. We are so dead. Peter and Sirius seemed to be thinking along the same lines, as we all backed up. Remus and Oswin, however, didn't even flinch. They have to be crazy, I thought. At the same time, the huge golden mass moved into the light, and I couldn't move. It was terrifying, and I knew I should get out of there, but the movement was mesmerizing. The thing's head and neck uncurled from where it had been resting, and moved like a snake, the scales swirling in an almost hypnotic fashion. It was deadly and dangerous, but beautiful at the same time. The dragon lowered it's head closer to the floor and, at the same time, my sister moved forward to meet it. At that moment, I remembered how to speak.

"Oswin, what are you doing!?" I whisper shouted to her.

She didn't respond, and I thought that the dragon had her under a spell, but I couldn't move to stop her. I struggled, but my feet wouldn't respond. I looked at Sirius and Peter. They were having no luck either. I looked back at Oswin. She had reached the dragon, and put her hand out. The dragon nudged her hand with its head, and then wrapped its head and neck around her, like it was hugging her. This made me pause, as it didn't seem to be hurting her. Then, Oswin looked at the dragon like they were having a silent conversation, and it uncurled its head from her and looked at Remus. Oswin then went over to him, and seemed to be introducing him to the dragon. Remus surprised me by touching the dragon's scales, making Oswin smile and the dragon seem to do so. Oswin then looked over at us, and waved her hand. Suddenly, I could move again. I stared at her in shock. You need a wand to do magic, I thought. She motioned us over to them, and we moved slowly over.

"Guys, this is Laelynn, my dragon friend."

"Nice to meet you, what does that mean, though?" I asked

"What do you mean?" she said.

"What do you mean by 'dragon friend'?"

"I don't know how else to say it. She is my dragon..."

And she is my rider.

"So that was you in the room." I said.

Yes.

"Why do you say dragon and rider like it's a really deep thing? It seems like it is, but I don't understand quite how."

"Dragon and Rider is one of the top three bonds. There are three that tie for the top spot." Oswin said.

Family, Love, like true love, and Dragon and Rider. We can connect with each other's thoughts and feel what the other feels.

Basically, if one of us is hurt, the other feels the immediate pain, and knows the other is in trouble, but the pain fades for the one not injured.

"Oswin? You can talk in our minds, too?" Sirius asked.

"Sort of. We haven't really tested what all we can do together, and I certainly haven't tested reading people's minds. I find it an invasion of privacy. The only time I'm okay with it is when it is either Laelynn who does it, or someone who I allow in. Remus, be careful there!" she said.

We all turned and looked at Remus, who was standing looking at the night sky on the edge of a ledge jutting out into space. He looked back around at us, grimly, all peace faded from his face.

"James, look at the moon."

I went over to him, and looked up at the moon. It would be full in a few weeks. I then looked back around at Oswin. She was otherwise occupied with her dragon. Good. I trust my sister, but Remus's "furry little problem" was not my secret to share. I turned back to Remus.

"Don't worry, we'll be there, just like always."

He smiled sadly, and nodded, still looking out the cavern exit.

We left Oswin's dragon to her rest, while Oswin led us quickly and quietly back to the common room. She decided to stay the night in the common room, so we could all talk in the morning.

{TIME SKIP}

Oswin has been here for about two months, and she fits right into our group. She has great prank ideas. One of the best was putting a cursed swamp in the corridor outside the Slytherin common room, so they had to march straight through it to get to the other side, forcing them to act like a Gryffindor and be brave. Today, Dumbledore said the Durmstrang students had another demonstration for us. We all had to go down to the Quidditch pitch, which the teachers had turned into a huge arena. I watched with my friends as Oswin came in with her fighting team and stood at one end. I noticed Remus watched her for a little longer than necessary. Then, two doors opened, and two large, armoured creatures came out. They both had two long, sharp horns, and a humped back. Both were large and greyish purple with tough skin that repels most spells. I recognized them, which surprised me, as I don't really pay attention in Care of Magical Creatures. They were Graphorns, usually used by mountain trolls. Oh no, Remus is rubbing off on me. Then, a whistle blew, and the Graphorns moved toward Oswin's group. She immediately organized them into two groups of five, and joined the one with the larger Graphorn. They were incredible! They were having some success, and then a loud roar shook the air. It was a dragon, but it wasn't Laelynn, I knew her roar. No, this was the sound of an aggressive and angry dragon, who was not going to listen to anyone, not even one of her own. I don't know how I knew this, I just did. I looked at the boys, and they seemed to sense it too. I looked down at the middle door, and I saw a huge blue dragon, roaring and blowing fire. I then saw it look straight at my sister, and my heart rose into my throat. I looked at Remus and saw him with almost the same expression, looking at my sister in terror. This was not good.