Chapter:11

*Paisley's POV*

I huffed in annoyance as Xander nipped at my hind leg again. It's the forth time he's done it in the last ten minutes and it was really starting to irritate me. Apparently I wasn't going fast enough, or so he told me through the mate link, and so he was nipping at my legs to get me to go faster.

After Xander had told me that the whole pack was going crazy, because I had gone 'missing' I felt extremely guilty. I shouldn't have fell asleep under that tree, bad things could have happened. A rogue could've attacked me or I could have been kidnapped, so many things could have happened and as the future alpha I should be more responsible. I sighed as I felt the rain falling onto my body. It was still raining but it was just a little shower now.

I looked up to see my large house a few yards away from us. The majority of the pack, with my parents standing in front, were waiting outside not even caring about the rain. As soon as my parents saw me they let out sighs of relief, making me feel even more guilty. I ran up to them and they dropped to there knees, hugging the life out of me. I let out a quiet whine to let them know that I was sorry and they simply hugged me tighter.

"We thought something happened to you Paisley, we were so worried." My mom said as soon as the released me. I looked at her with big eyes and nodded my head. I felt something being pushed into my side and looking up I saw that it was Lela holding a change of clothes in her hands. I grinned at her before taking the clothes and running behind a tree to change. As soon as I came back my parents hugged me again, this time properly, and I hugged them back.

"Thank you for helping us find her son, we appreciate it so much." My dad said to Xander.

"It wasn't a problem sir, I was glad to help." He answered back as he stared at me with a smile. I blush rose up onto my cheeks and I quickly looked away but I know that he saw it because I heard him let out a soft chuckle.

"Is it true? That you and Xander are mates." I suddenly heard from behind me. I slowly turned around to see a group of people, some my age, some adults, standing there looking at me expectantly. My eyes widened but they turned into a glare when I looked at Xander. He smiled sheepishly, I had to contain an eye roll. I turned back to the group to see them looking between us curiously. My parents were watching me carefully to, seeing what I would say. I sighed and took a deep breath, there's no point in denying the truth.

"Yes we are mates." I answered honestly. I know most of the entire pack heard me and many people gasped.

"So it's true. But why aren't you guys together?" A girl from my school asked. It made my blood book because she's one of the girls that's constantly hanging off of Xander's arm. Xander must have noticed that I was getting worked up because he stepped in.

"It's complicated and we don't really want to talk about it." He answered kindly. I silently thanked him and watched as the girl checked him out before shrugging and walking away. Looking around I noticed that almost every girl was practically drooling over my shirtless mate and that angered me beyond belief.

A very low and quiet growl made its way out of my mouth but only the people who were close to me heard it. My parents, along with Seth, Lela and Xander gave me a strange look. Before I even had time to think about what I was doing I grabbed Xander's hand and started pulling him towards the house quickly. All I could think about was to get him away from all of those other girls, so that they couldn't look at what was mine. I dragged Xander up the stairs and into my bedroom, shutting the door I pushed him down onto my bed. Xander looked confused after I did that but what I did next got the message across quite clearly.

"Mine!" I growled possessively before crawling onto the bed and straddling him. Xander looked at me with wide eyes that were soon replaced with lust filled ones as I ran my hands down his well sculpted chest. My wolf was so close to the surface at the moment that I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing as I placed my lips on his and started to kiss him hungrily. Xander responded immediately and started kissing me with just as much passion. He ran his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance and when I denied him he growled.