Chapter:31

*Paisley's POV*

Things have been getting better. Over the last few weeks things have been slowly but surely returning to normal. After Xander and I made up things were still somewhat tense between us. It's not that I didn't believe him, because I do, it's just the fact that the fight we had gotten into was huge and you can't just get over something like that in a few days.

But things were getting better. I had eventually explained to my parents what had happened and they both completely understood the situation and even agreed that I had been overreacting, it didn't bother me though because I knew that it was the truth.

I had spoken to Cole a little while after Xander and I had made up and I thanked him for knocking some sense into me, it was really what I had needed. Cole had laughed it off but had also apologized for being 'to harsh'.

Lela, Seth and Perrie were glad that I was finally out of my depressed stage and that I was actually willing to see them again. I have been spending a lot of time with Xander lately, the both of us working hard to restore the things that had been messed up due to what happened, and tonight him and his family are coming over for dinner.

I stood in front of my large mirror, assessing myself. My dark hair hung in waves down my shoulders and my makeup was at a minimum. A wore a pretty royal blue button up shirt with a pair of black shorts and my favorite sandals. Casual.

Suddenly the sound of the door bell rang through the house and a smile immediately lifted up my lips. I quickly walked through my door and speedily made my way downstairs. My parents had just opened the door and I watched as Xander's parents, Reed and Emily, walked through the door with large smiles on their faces.

I saw them walk over to my parents to greet them but I was focused on the door. Xander had yet to walk in and a frown had just begun to make its way onto my face when he suddenly strode in through the door, a single rose in his hand. A large smile lit up my face and I began to walk towards him, meeting him in the middle.

My arms immediately went around his neck when he pulled me in by my waist. I sighed and rested my head on his firm chest. Xander chuckled when he heard the sound and after a few moments he slightly pulled away. He held the rose in between our bodies, giving me a breathtaking smile.

"For my angel." He said quietly. I smiled tenderly and gently took the rose from his hand. I slowly brought it to my nose and inhaled its wonderful scent.

"Thank you." I spoke. Xander grinned before grabbing my waist again and pulling me in for a kiss. Our lips were inches away from each other when a throat was cleared a few feet away and a voice followed after it.

"Watch the PDA children." My dad teased. Mine and Xander's heads snapped towards the sound and I felt a blush light up my face when I realized that our parents were watching us. I groaned and rested my forehead on Xander's chest, embarrassed. Everybody laughed at me, including my mate, before we all made our way into the dinning room.

The delicious scent of the dinner my mom had prepared drifted into my nose and I felt my stomach grumble. My mom quickly placed all of the food on the table before telling us to dig in.

After we all had food on our plates the adults began to talk among themselves leaving me and Xander to ourselves.

"You look beautiful." Xander complimented me. I smiled at him, a small blush appearing.

"You don't look to shabby yourself." I answered cheekily. And it was the truth. Xander currently wore a plain white v neck short with a pair of dark khakis and converses. His dark hair was perfectly messy and his eyes sparkled.

Xander chuckled before reaching forward and taking my hand in his, resting our joined hands on the table. After a few more minutes of talking the adults turned their attention towards us. Reed inspected our joined hands before looking at my face.

I had just raised my glass to my lips when he decided that he was going to ask me a question.

"So Paisley, when are you and my son going to complete the mating bond?" Reed questioned causally. I chocked on my drink, the cold water getting stuck in my throat causing me to cough loudly. My eyes watered and I felt Xander's hand patting my back gently.

After I had swallowed the water and quieted down my coughs I looked up at Reed with wide eyes.

"Excuse me?" I asked, hoping that I had heard him wrong.

"I asked, when are you and my son going to complete the mating bond?" He repeated the question. I felt blood rushing to my face immediately and suddenly got the urge to hide.

"Reed! That's not something that you can just go asking people!" Emily scolded her mate but I saw the amusement in her eyes. My parents on the other hand didn't even try to hide the fact that they thought all of this was funny, they simply laughed at my expense.

I huffed quietly before turning back to Reed, trying to figure out how to answer his question.

"I- um I- I don't really- I don't know really." I began to stutter pathetically when I felt Xander squeeze my hand and sigh. I looked over at him to see that he look a mixture of things, surprised, amused and embarrassed.

"Dad leave her alone, your embarrassing her." Xander ordered through a chuckle. I sighed in relief when Reed raised his hands up in surrender.

The rest of dinner, thankfully, went by smoothly. Casual conversation was passed between the six of us and when all of the food was eaten we moved into the living room.

Xander and I took a seat on the love seat, him pulling me down onto his lap, while our parents sat on the two sofas. Our parents continued to talk about different subjects but Xander and I kept quiet.

Xander began to absentmindedly stroke my hair and that combined this the steady rise and fall of his chest was putting me to sleep. My eyes fluttered closed and a sigh escaped my lips when suddenly Xander stopped.

I frowned and looked up at him to see that he was staring down at me nervously?

"What's wrong?" I questioned quietly. Xander shook his head and smiled.

"Nothing. Take a walk with me?" He asked suddenly. My eyebrows shot up but I nodded my head nonetheless. We both stood up and made our way out the door, after telling out parents that we were going for a walk.

Xander took my hand and we walked out onto my back patio and then down into our large garden. It was dark outside by now but it didn't bother me and I let Xander lead me to the small stone seat that was in the center of the garden.

We both sat down in silence and when Xander raised his fingers and pointed to the sky I looked up. The sight of the stars that littered the night sky took my breath away. I looked at the sparkling orbs in awe and I hadn't even noticed that Xander had moved from besides me and that he was now standing in front of me.

I look to his face when he cleared his throat and frowned in confusion when I noticed that he was now standing in front of me. I tried to stand up but Xander placed his hand on my shoulder to keep me down. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, black box.

..............................................................................................................................

Hey guys! So I'm sorry that it took me so long to update. I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: