Chapter:14

*Paisley's POV*

The first thing I noticed when I stepped out of the car the following Monday morning was the stares. Everybody was staring at me.

I frowned and uncomfortablely fidgeted with my shirt as my eyes scanned across the parking lot, noticing how every single person had there gaze on me. Now Im used to people staring at me because I am a future alpha and such but this was different.

They weren't staring at me in awe and respect, no they were staring at me in disbelief. I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped, turning my head I saw that Seth and Lela were at my side giving me questioning looks.

"Care to explain why everybody is staring at you?" Lela asked. I sighed quietly and ran a hand through my perfectly curled hair.

"I would if I knew." Came my simple answer a moment later. After a few more seconds of standing awkwardly next to Seths car the three of us quickly made are way inside the building and to my locker.

I tried my best to ignore the people who were openly staring at me but as I got to my locker I was beginning to get a bit annoyed. Opening the locker I began to shuffle through my books and papers, stuffing what I needed in my bag, when I suddenly felt a presence behind me.

My wolf let out a howl and a small smile made its way onto my face when I realized who it was. Turning around my smile widened even more when I saw Xander standing in front of me.

I scanned my eyes up and down his body and bit my lip. He was dressed in dark wash jeans with a red plaid shirt that was unbuttoned over a white wife beater. His dark hair was messy and his caramel colored eyes sparkled, my eyes dropped down to his lips which were pulled into a cocky smirk.

"Hey babe, ya done staring yet?" His deep voice brought me out of my trance and my eyes immediately snapped up to his. A small blush crawled onto my cheeks when I saw the amusement in his eyes and I quickly looked away, busying myself with my papers once again.

I had forgotten the stares of my classmates up until now but when I did once again notice I realized that they were not only staring but also whispering. I sighed, closed my locker and turned to face my mate.

"Do you know why everybody is staring at me?" I questioned immediately. Xander frowned for a moment before putting on a passave face.

"Yeah." He answered with a shrug. I was waiting for him to continue but when he didn't I raised my eyebrows and motioned for him to go on. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"They know were mates." Xander muttered. My eyes widened when I processed what he said. Everybody now knows were mates. My mouth popped open and I stared at him in disbelief. Thinking about it now I should have known that the word would spread quickly because not only did I admit it to my pack mates but so did Xander.

Everything made sense now, people were staring because they couldn't believe that were mates. Looking back up at him I saw that Xander was staring at me with a hard look on his face. I felt my heart drop when a thought crossed my mind, is Xander angry that people know.

I mean it doesn't really make sense that he would be because he admitted it at the beach but maybe he didn't mean for other people to hear because looking at him right now he doesn't seem very happy about it.

As the thought was running through my head a from apperead on my face as I nervously clasped my hands together in front of me. Xander was still staring down at me with the same hard look on his face and it was making me nervous. Sighing I looked down at my feet.

"Im sorry." The words came out in a whisper and I was beginning to think that he hadn't heard them when there was suddenly two large hands cupping my cheeks, bringing my head upwards.