Chapter 2

Tonight was the award ceremony and I knew my dad was going to get an award so I was excited. Plus it would do our little family well. But sadly I couldn't find him anywhere. I was wearing a beautiful red strapless dress that went to my mid thigh, with black sequences all over the dress. I had on black glitter pumps that pepper helped me pick out. My hair was curled a little more than normal and my make up was light. I felt pretty and I was a little ashamed that my dad didn't show up. I looked over to Obahiah and sighed. He looked mad. Mad that my dad decided to not show up.

"Tony Stark!" Rhodey my dads best friend called. I felt tears prickle to my eyes. This always happens.

"Tony?" Rhodey questioned. Obahiah got up to accept the award on Tony's behalf and I got up and walked out of the award ceremony. I walked out and I noticed my driver. I walked over to him with a sad smile on.

"Hey Tyler can you drive me home?" I asked politely.

"Of course Miss. Stark" he said and unlocked the door and opened it for me. I muttered a 'thanks' and got into the black limo.

When we got home I quickly thanked Tyler and unlocked the house.

The house was eerie quiet and I started to wonder if my dad was wondering where I was and hoping that deep deep down he actually cared for my well being.

"Jarvis, if anyone other than my dad comes into the house please alert me." I said calmly before taking off my heals and climbing the stairs.

"Of course Miss" he replied.

I took off my make up and the uncomfortable dress and slipped on boxer shorts and a baggy bright blue t-shirt . I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Rhodey, Obahiah, and my dad saying I got home and I'm safe. I walked over to my bed and picked up the remote. I put on friends and started to relax. I started thinking about the new missle my dad would be showing to the troops Tomorow when I was pulled out of my thoughts by the phone ringing. I walked over to my desk where I left it and saw if was Obahiah. I smiled and clicked the talk button on the clear phone.

"Well hello. What a pleasant surprise." I said with a chuckle.

"Hey Jess I'm coming to pick you up Tonys having.... A uh unexpected guest. " he said with a grumble at the end.

"Oh" I whispered

"Okay"

"Sorry Jess it's okay though we'll go get milkshakes and people watch." He joked. I smiled, when ever my dad had late nighters with guests he would call Obahiah to come pick me up and we usually people watched. It was actually a lot of fun.

"It's okay it's not your fault plus I haven't people watched in a while." I said with a chuckle.

"Hahah ok Jess ill be there in 10 minutes." He said

" ok see you in ten. " I said before hanging up. I pulled on blue skinny jeans and a pair of yellow vans but I kept my slightly baggy blue shirt on.

I walked over to the mirror and saw my hair was still pretty and curled so I just put on some mascara and grabbed a black zip up hoody and my purse with my credit card, phone, and Chapstick. I walked back down the stairs and waited by the door.

I didn't know why but I felt like crying.

"Jarvis?" I asked shakily.

"Yes miss?" He replied

"Does my father love me. Please tell me the truth. I can handle it." I whispered it was silent for a few seconds and i thought he didn't hear me.

"I'm not positive you can Miss" Jarvis replied in a sad robot voice.

"I'm not sure either." I whispered. I heard a honk outside which was my signal Obahiah was here. I smiled, said goodbye to Jarvis and walked over to Obahiah's car and got in. As we drove off Obahiah could probably tell I was sad and he patted my hand to comfort me. This was going to be a long night.

************************************

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay so I got chapter 2 up so... Ya sorry if I misspelt anything or anything like that. I hope you enjoyed!