Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

My eyes widened as Arikos parted his lips against mine, his tongue taking advantage of my gasp so he could slip his tongue into my mouth. Arikos's hands loosened up on the front of my jacket, before completely letting go so he could cup my face with his hands, his weight slowly leaning forward against me until I was pushed back against the sofa and Arikos had somehow managed to climb into my lap.

I had never been kissed by anyone before. The only kiss I'd had had been with Hannibal, and it had been when he was high, so he had no idea what he was doing, and neither did I. It was a sloppy teenager trying to feel something.

But this was different. Arikos knew exactly what he was doing. He knew exactly how to steal my breath away, and instead of having his hands tied back, he reached a hand up under my chin to cup my jaw, his other hand holding the side of my face, thumb stroking my cheekbone. A low moan started in my throat, catching me off-guard. I've never... made that kind of noise before.

What's going on?

While the alcohol roaring through my blood numbed me, I somehow felt hot and achy, almost needy. My head felt light and fuzzy, my mouth tingled, heat spreading through to my groin. Arikos kissed me until I felt like I was going to pass out before he paused, our lips still touching, but finally allowing us to breath.

"I love you, Menoetius," Arikos murmured. I blinked, looking at him in confusion.

"Huh?" I mumbled. He kissed me again, this time more deeply, until my toes curled and I moaned helplessly. Arikos smiled against my lips before his tongue delved back into my mouth, taking complete control. I expected to be angry that he'd want to control the kiss and where it went, but I wasn't. If anything, I liked the feeling of letting him take control. He knew what he was doing, and I didn't. But it also somehow felt... sexy.

Arikos's fingers toyed with the lobe of my ear before his hand trailed to my neck, his other hand sliding down the front of my shirt. He tucked his hand inside my jacket and brushed his thumb over my nipple, a shudder wracking my body and making me gasp, tilting my head back to look at him in confusion. He smiled at me, but said nothing.

Instead, he kissed my nose.

Why did he do that? Why was I aching so much?

He passed his thumb over my nipple again, my body tingling and goosebumps creeping onto my skin as I bit my bottom lip to restrain another shameful moan. Arikos dipped his head in to brush his nose against my cheek, along my jaw until he was at my ear, his tongue dipping into the shell of it. I moaned again, confused.

Why did that feel so... amazing? Why did any of this feel any good? It didn't make sense to me. Was this what real sexual contact was like?

Arikos's mouth somehow found its way from my ear to my throat and another moan spilled past my lips. I had no idea what I was doing, no idea what to do. I swallowed, tilting my head back to meet Arikos's eyes and he studied me. I didn't know what to say. What could I say? How could I say it without sounding a total idiot?

Yeah, can you tell me what to do? As an ancient god, I literally have no fucking clue what to do here.

All I knew was that eventually, something had to go somewhere.

That thought brought me to a screeching halt.

Instantly an image of Zeus's face leering over me sucked the dreamy spell right out of me and I was breathing hard, sweat collecting at my temples and running down the sides of my face. Phantom pains shot up my back, my body tensing so hard that my muscles hurt, until I was shaking.