Our Little boy - 13

I woke up with the bright sunlight hitting my harshly. I smiled despite this huge headache and reached over to give my son a huge hug like I did every morning. I strecthed but he was wasnt there. I smiled again, he'd probably curled down to the bottom of the bed or something cos he was such a messy sleeper.

I tossed and turned trying to find him but he wasn't on my bed. Maybe he'd gone downstairs to watch cartoons? I sat up, my eyes still closed, and rubbed my head. "JJ?" I called. When there was no answer,  I snapped my eyes open.

This wasnt my room. Heck, this wasn't even my apartment! Where the hell was I? More importantly, where on earth was my son? I looked around wildly in the unfamiliar room. Thats when it all came back to me slowly. "Hunter." I grumbled.

I got out of the bed and I could hear Hunter and I think it was Dani, arguing outside the room. I crept clooser, careful not to make a sound and listened.

"Hunter, you can't keep them here! She's got her own life to live!"

"So what? Rain is still mine and so is JJ! They are staying with me." Hunter whispred firmly.

"You've barely been in JJ's life - "

"Oh, right, yeah, Dani because that's my fault is it?"

I couldn't take it anymore and pulled the door open fractincally, I needed to make sure my baby was alright. "Where's JJ?" I asked them as they looked guiltly at me. "He's fine, he's sleeping upstairs." Hunter said trying to reassure me. 

But I pushed past them and ran upstairs, both of them calling after me. I gnred them and carried on. When I got to the landing I had no idea which room he was in and I really didn't wanna be barging into random people's rooms.

I dont even remberber them having this floor.Hunter and Dani caught up to me and Hunter led me to the biggest door there. The only double door on the whole landing. But now wasnt the time to be admiring, as soon as he opened the door, I rushed in.

The room was a mess with pizza boxes and clothes everywhere. I ran to the huge bed and picked up my son, hugging him tight. "Oh, my baby!" I said kissing him all over his face. He looked up groggily at me and he looked super tired but he still managed to mumble "Morning, mommy."

I looked around the room and Hunter stood there awkwardly next to a Coke bottle. My eyes widened. "Hunter, tell me you didnt give him any Coke?"

Hunter bit his lip and scratcched the back of his head. "I didn't know..." he mumbled. "Hunter! And why is he only wearing a t-shirt and underwear? He could have caught a cold!" I said, covering JJ up with a  blanket. 

Dani stood behind him, arms folded, looking smug. 

"Who even left you in charge of him?" I said crossly as I snatched JJ's clothes and shoes from the floor, still clutching him tightly. I knew it wasnt a smart move and nearly toppled over but Hunter was there in lightning speed and held onto my elbow.

"I am his dad, Ray." he said softly, his eyes looking sad. I almost hugged him. Almost. "Oh, now you wanna accept that he's your son?" I snapped. "I'm sorry! I was jerk, Ray. I know." he said miserably. I sighed and shook my head. 

"It was nice seeing you again, Hunter." I said, and actually smiled at him. Then I stepped to the side and looked at Dani. "Dani will you be able to bring a car round? I'm just gonna go home." I said. of course i didnt wanna go home. I wanted to stay and start all over again with Hunter. Man, did I wanna stay so we could be a proper family.

Hunter's eyes widened and he stepped in front of me. "No! You cant go!" he said desperately. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why?" I asked, readjusting JJ in my arms. "Uhm, because you've both not had breakfast. Why travel on an empty stomach?" he said nervously.