CHAPTER FIVE

Tatastha was neutral ground. It was where Gods, humans, and demons who didn't want to hate each other came to live in peace. There were more half breeds in Tatastha than anywhere else in the world. It was also where my client with the stone lived.

In Paramēśvara the people was just waking up. On this side of the world the night was still young. I could hear the music the music that rocked through the mansion even as we stood on the sidewalk in front of it. Inside a never ending party was raging on. Some people walked on ignoring the house. Others pushed passed up to get inside.

"So what's the plan?" Ophelia asked as the four of us stood there looking on. I could feel the Vassa weight on my shoulder. I knew if I looked to the left I would see her sitting there. I also knew the others couldn't see the fox. Ophelia would have hounded me with never ending questions if she thought I had a familiar. If Byakko wondered what happened to the fox he didn't say anything about it.

"The stone is somewhere in the house." I told them. I knew where the stone was. What floor, what room. This client and I had done a lot of busy together over the years. I didn't want the three idiots storming in and ruining my working relationships. There was a tactful way that I could get everything I wanted without working that hard.

"We should split up and hunt then." Niwa spoke up and Byakko dropped his arm on top of my head. I could feel him leaning his weight on top of me. Reaching up I dug my nails into his hand. From the way his fingers flexed under mine I knew it had to hurt.

"Nakos and I will take one end. You and Ophelia can take the other." Byakko told Niwa and I dug my nails in deeper until Byakko yanked his hand away. I smiled my victory as he looked down at his flesh seeing what damage had been done. He glared at me but I held up my smile.

"We'll cover more ground if we all take different ends." Mainly I wanted them to get out of my way so I could handle this. I wasn't sure why the council thought I needed three other people with me. Before the others could agree or disagree I walked into the mansion.

Standing in the front door there was people everywhere. They walked around half naked. Some of them chased after each other. The whole house had a blue tint to the house. Flares of magic floated around. Everything inside was grand. It smelled like honey small creatures danced around your feet. Walking in here was like entering a different world.

Through the soles of my shoes I could feel the music pulsing through the floorboards. Any fantasy you could think up happened in this house. The people who walked around with trays of orange liquid was the seller of dreams. In the small shot glasses you could dive deeper into your own magic, into your own mind then you ever dreamed.

I slapped Ophelia hand when she reached for one of the glasses. I could see her glaring at me. The remark on her tongue was going to be something smart. "Don't drink anything in this place." I could feel Vassa walk from my right shoulder to my life. "This place isn't what you think. Look through the magic."

When you looked through the layers of magic surrounding this place you could see it for what it really was. The glitz and glamour fell away. The once dazzling room was torn away. The half naked beautiful people were all skinny and pale. Everyone was tossing back the shots. They all were growing extra limbs from different parts of their bodies.

The music was still pumping through the house. The balls of magic and color was still shooting through. Inside of making the place look magical and bright like before it all took on a more sinister tone. This was the true nature of this house. To find the gates of hell you need only look.

"What is this place?" Ophira asked. The men and women with the trays were still walking around. Even they weren't as glorious as they had been caked in magic. They paused at this person and that collecting their cards and swiping away there credits before giving out the next shot. A few others was carried and tossed out onto the streets when they didn't have the needed credits to pay for their next hit.