Chapter 3

"This is such a wonderful news. We shall certainly tell this to everyone." Georgiana clasped her hands.

"Certainly." Mr Darcy smiled.

"Mr Darcy, I may very well congratulate you both. I hope my Lizzy would make a great mother." Jane commented. She and Mr Bingley smiled the widest and the brightest amongst all.

Mr Darcy left the room in haste which confused everyone. Jane quickly told her sister to follow him which she did not hesitate to do. Elizabeth raced out of the parlour and saw Mr Darcy walking towards their room and she could hear him laugh with joy. He closed the doors behind him.

She followed him and entered the room where she saw him staring out of the window at the Pemberly gardens, still chuckling slightly.

"My dear Fitzwilliam, what is wrong? Are you not happy with what I just told you?" Elizabeth asked in a husky voice.

He turned around with a big smile painted on his face. "Not happy?" Slowly, he stepped towards her. When he was close enough, he reached out his large hand and caressed her cheek.

"How can you even say that? My happiness, at the moment, is incomparable to anyone's and I am having a time of my life. Do you even know, how much I desired to be a father? It has been my dream since we got married and now, finally, that dream is about to become a reality. Mrs Darcy, thank you for this. Thank you for making me the world's most happiest man alive. I hope you know that I love you ardently. My love for you exceeds everything in the world."

Upon hearing this, Elizabeth could feel tears forming in her bright eyes and she was too emotional to say anything. She just wanted to stare at the man she loved so dearly and hear him speak even more because he was the only man who had given her everything she had ever wished for.

"My darling, do not thank me for I have not done anything. But I am forever thankful to you. You have given me all the necessities, you have given me all the comfort and above all, you have given me all the love. In other words you have given me everything possible. I can never thank you enough, Fitzwilliam."

Elizabeth placed her head on his chest as he slowly wrapped his arm around her waist, embracing her affectionately.

They spent some time in their room, talking about their future and about the upcoming Darcy. However, they soon realised that they had guests to entertain in the parlour, so they made haste and hurried back to them.

"We apologise for coming out so late," said Elizabeth, "but me and Mr Darcy had a long conversation about spreading the word amongst our friends and families. Georgiana, how would you like a ball?"

"A ball!" Georgiana cried. "I would love to have one in Pemberly, considering that we have not had one in years."

Mr Darcy and Mrs Darcy passed a smile to each other, meanwhile Mr and Mrs Bingley excitedly talked about how lovely it would be to have a ball at Pemberly. Thus it was decided that there would be a ball on the fortnight.