Chapter 1

***Picture of Violet to the right! :)***

---Disclaimer: This is not a 1D fanfic, but please don't let that stop you from reading on! Enjoy! :)---

Chapter 1

BLEEEP! My eyes jerked open at the sound of a horn destroying my eardrums. A light scream escaped my lips as I tried to recover from my shock, ending up tumbling over the edge of my bed and falling into a disgruntled heap on the floor. I groaned, closing my eyes and trying to find a comfortable position to let sleep take over again.

"Violet!" My best friend, JT's voice shattered my peaceful state of mind. "Vi! Get up, we'll be late!" JT lived right around the corner from me, so he usually spent his mornings at my house trying to wake me up for school.

"Five more minutes," I grumbled, not getting up from the floor. Instead, I reached an arm out to my bed, trying to grab hold of my pillow, so I could lay it on the floor under my head. Just when I had grasped the cotton material, it was ripped out of my hands.

"Get-"

I was smacked with the pillow.

"the hell-"

I was smacked on the head.

"up-"

I was smacked on the butt.

"now!"

JT began randomly hitting me with the pillow, making it impossible to fall asleep. I finally gave up."Okay, okay, I'll get up!"

As I slowly hoisted myself up onto my feet, my eyes glanced at my alarm clock, where the time was repetitiously flashing. My eyes widened when I read 7:52; school started at 8:00. "Agh! We're going to be late! Oh my gosh, got to hurry!" Frantically, I ran over to my closet, tripping over my feet on the way. As I was searching for something to wear, a piece of clothing hit my face.

JT chuckled at my actions. "Get dressed-I'll be in the car."

After brushing my teeth, taking a two-minute shower, and throwing on an outfit, I ran downstairs. "Aunt Lisa, " I called back into the house, "I'm leaving."

My parents had died two years ago. I was the only one who knew that they were murdered, since I was there. The police couldn't find any evidence on the case, and so they settled for the usual "car accident" story. In their will, they had granted my mom's sister-my Aunt Lisa-the title of being my legal guardian.

She yelled back an "Okay," and I made my way outside to JT's car.

***

I made it to my first class just as the bell rang. I guess I had JT's speeding to thank for that. Breathing a sigh, I took a seat near the back of the room next to my other best friend, Angela, as our English teacher began her lecture. Angela sent me a grin, letting me know that that fact that I was almost late was amusing to her. I shot her a smile before getting back to taking notes.

When the bell rang dismissing us from our first block, I met up with Angela and we walked out of the classroom together. She immediately jumped at the opportunity to talk.

"Did you hear about the new kid?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "We have a new kid?"

"Omigod, Vi, you're so clueless."

I laughed. "I'm not clueless, I'm just not nosy," I teased.

Angela faked a gasp and placed her hand on her hip. "Girl, who you callin' nosy?"

I rolled my eyes. "Weren't you saying something about the new kid?"

"Oh yeah! Well, his name is Zayn, and he is super hot," she sighed dreamily, as if already imagining herself being in his arms and making out with him.