Chapter 7

Here's chapter 7! Enjoy! :D

Chapter 7

           When my eyes fluttered open, a gloomy darkness greeted my sight, and a slight headache was coming on, as if quietly waiting in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to attack. I was on my back, a soft material under me—my bed. I scrunched my eyebrows and pulled myself up to a sitting position. How had I gotten there? My memory was in snippets, much like individual scenes of an action film—they didn't make sense without the rest of the story.

            I remembered dancing with somebody, who was that? Landon, I was dancing with Landon.  And then, I saw a couple—suddenly everything came flowing back into my brain, like there was a giant magnet in my head. I remembered Landon, and JT and Angela kissing. I wrinkled my nose at the image—Ew—I'd have to discuss this with them soon. I remembered leaving the party, and how I was almost raped, but then saved by…Zayn. There was nothing after that; I must have blacked out then.

            Why would Zayn save me? I was under the impression that he hated me, judging by the way he treated me the first time we met.

            Rubbing my eyes, I glanced around. A darkness had settled around my room, and the window only mirrored it, meaning it was still late night, maybe early morning. What time was it? I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and headed over to the light switch. A digital clock did not exist in my room. My last one had a built-in alarm, which would always malfunction and go off in the middle of the night. I'm proud to say that one night, I woke up, found a hammer, and smashed the thing in two. It never bothered me again, but from then I was stuck with an analog clock.

            I tried my best not to trip over anything as I made my way across the room, trying not to let my imagination get to me. I had always been afraid of the dark, but my fear had multiplied after my parents' deaths and I had started to get nightmares of the memory.

            As I reached out toward the switch, my arm was suddenly stopped, as what felt like a gloved hand wrapped around it. A whisper of a scream left my mouth before a second gloved hand covered my mouth.

            My bedroom was suddenly silent except for the faint sounds of my heavy breathing.

            A warm chill touched my ear as a slow whisper was spoken. "Now Cupcake, if you stay silent, I won't have to hurt you. I can't say the same, however, if you choose not to cooperate." A shiver ran down my spine at his words.

            He slowly removed his hand from my mouth and turned me around so that I was facing him. As soon as my eyes locked with his black hole of a face, I started trembling, the fear finally getting to me.

            "I don't believe we've officially met," the soft velvety voice spoke again, laced with humor, as if he was amused by my reaction to him. "My name is A."

            I stepped back until I hit the wall, terrified. "No, no, please stay away from me," I pleaded, my voice scratchy. I sounded pathetic, I know, but that was the least of my worries.