You can't tell anyone (Chapter 20!)

Hey guy! This is important. If I made the deal thing w/ you, and I haven't dedicated a chappie to you, please comment and let me know! I'm pretty sure I've done everyone but I want to make sure. So yeah :) Thanx.

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAPTER 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought i'd get to chapter twenty much less ten so thanks everyone who's reading this and thanks everyone who skipped this and read the chp. anyways XD You guys are amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood there, gaping at him. I tried to speak, but no words would come out. There was my crush kneeling at my door with a bouquet of roses in hand. Ryan. As in the player Ryan. 

And guess what I did?

I slammed the door in his face, not believing my eyes. Then I opened it again. He was still there. Unable to process what was going on, I repeated my actions.

Open door.

Slam door.

Open door.

Slam door.

Open door.

Slam-

"Would you stop that?" Ryan questioned, annoyed.

"I-I..."

What was I supposed to say? This was the guy who's heart I was supposed to crush. I knew I should listen to Jake and just leave him hanging. I needed to follow through with our plan. Jake would've told me to slam the door in his face and keep it shut. 

But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if Ryan had done this for any other girl before? Was I different? Dare I think it--was I special to him? Or was I reading too much into this gesture? Part of me wanted to rip my own hair out from frustration. Why were boys so complicated?

Also, what kind of guy just randomly shows up at your door for a date without telling you? No guy that I knew. Well, I didn't know that many guys, but that was besides the point. And this was a date, right? What else could a bouquet of roses from him mean?

I shifted my feet nervously and kept my gaze on the floor.

I heard him chuckle. "Now you get shy."

I kept my eyes glued to the floor. Don't say anything. Don't say anything. I chanted in my head, telling myself to follow through with the plan.

"Shit, I'm wasting time," he muttered, "I'm sorry."

That made me look up at him. He was apologizing?

He shook his head slightly, a faint smile tugging at his lips. I thought I heard him say 'of course you'd make me say it again'.  He spoke louder and more clearly. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset and have Chase get hung up all over you. OK,  well maybe I did, but now I'm sorry. I feel horrible, and I can't stand the fact that you're still not talking to me. Please Sass, forgive me."

My hands found each other and started to move amongst themselves nervously. I was going to crack. I could just tell. He was wearing me down, and he'd hardly had to try.

"Please Sass, I'll do anything. I feel horrible. Let me take you out. I promise I won't touch you. I-I don't know what came over me the other day. I won't kiss you. I swear."

I looked at his feet and spoke softly, "You said that before."

I didn't know if I wanted him to kiss me again. On one hand, he was my crush and a part of me wanted him so bad I couldn't breathe. But then the other part of me knew better. He was so wrong for me. The desperation in his voice tempted me to look at his face, but I managed. I knew I'd let him in if I looked.