Chapter 8

(Ian POV)

I can't believe this! A mute mate. An un-perfect mate. What did I do to deserve this kind of 'gift'?  What kind of game does the goddess trying to play against me? I have been waiting for years and of course, I was expecting nothing less from her but it seems like the Goddess has another plan for me.  

Adrian, my wolf growls in my head. She's perfect, you idiot. I know she's more than meets the eye.

But our enemy might see it as a weakness, a hole to our defenses. 

I don't think so. We both saw her eyes changed and felt the air stirred as she growl. That is not a weakness, Ian. That is something else.

I scoff. Maybe she's just foolish. Growling at an Alpha, at ME like that. I think she doesn't know who or what pack she's dealing with.

"Alpha."

I look over my shoulder to see Adam, my Beta making his way toward me. I held up my hand to stop him from talking and motion him to follow me. He obeyed and followed me silently until we stepped into my office. As soon as the heavy oak door shut close, he shot out his mind right away. "What the hell are you doing? Why are you letting her sleep here?!"

I narrow my eyes at his tone but brush it off quickly and sighed. "I don't know why I did it but she's staying with us for god knows when or until she's finish training with us." I said and sat at my leather arm chair.

Adam widen his eyes in shock. "What? Training? She's a fucking rogue! We can't trust her, especially when we still hunting that son of a bitch and his clan."

"I know." I snarled at him and he quickly lower his head. "But she's not with him. I'm sure of that."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Her scent, Adam." I said. "She tried to cover it with deer blood but her scent is still fresh, meaning she just turn Rogue for less than 48 hours ago."

"But a Rogue still can't be trust." Adam argued. "That's why we're here; to eliminate them and stop their chaos from spreading all over the world."

"I know my goddamn goal, Beta!" I snapped and he flinched at my tone and took a step back. I run my hand through my hair in frustration. "But for now, she'll stay but under our eyes, of course."

"And the training?"

"She said her Alpha set her free so she could learn the world so I'm giving her the world." I slouch on my chair. "Besides, her strength was... impressive. If she happen to be lying then I'm going to tie her with us."