Chapter 13

Veronica lead us away from Ian's huge house and instead of being alert with this witch and vampire, I was surprisingly relax as Veronica half dragging me toward a wooden cabin. I mean it's not like she's going to compel me to obey her and throw me into a giant black witch pot to create a potions or whatever witchy things. But her aura is...cheerful and contain wisdom. Plus I'm dead curious about these 3 life story.

Veronica snapped her fingers and the door swing open on itself. "I'll make the tea while you make yourselves at home." She said to me as she walks toward I presume the kitchen. "But just don't touch or sniff some glowing vials and powder. They are extremely sensitive." She sing and back away into the kitchen door.

"Darling, can I have a bottle of your finest wine please?" Alex purred and give her a smile that make all girl go swoon. Veronica peak her head out from the door. "And let you swallow it alone again? Do you know how freaking hard it was to make the damn liquor?"

I bite my lips to hold back my giggle. A witch, cursing. She's a whole different kind of witch. They always say a witch act so royally and elegant but Veronica is absolutely something out of the box. Royally but with wild spirit.

Alex groaned. "Aw come on! Sharing is caring. And I know how much you care about me which is why you let me sleep with you." He marched into the kitchen. I heard Veronica shout. "You bastard!" And Alex laughed with his heart out.

Those two are weird with unknown or unidentified relationship between them. I wonder how Ian found them or know these people.

Speaking of him, I just realize that Alex and Veronica left us alone. He was silent behind me and I didn't dare to look at him so I start to look around and walk to the massive book shelves that contained a lot of old books nervously. I could feel his eyes burn at the back of my head and his male cologne mix with the scent of wild forest was so strong and overwhelming sweet in this space, which it cause my heart to  beat fast while Diane purred at the scent of him and the dominating aura, emitting from him.

I swallow. Goddess, help me. I gave out a silent prayer as my blood burn and hummed faintly, intertwining and let out a silent song of mate bond. Let it flow, Lyen. Or do you want me to take over? Diane suggested hopefully.

If I do that, you'll mark him without my permission. That's what you're feeling right now, isn't it? I said and tried to read some of the books title.

Diane huffed. We are an Alpha. We should mark and claim what's ours. She said possessively.

Well we can start with claiming our title and pack back first. I said in a strain voice. Diane went quite after that comment, silently agreeing to me. So I continue inspecting the row of books, trying to make out the title. Mostly the books are written in foreign language, some in English while other are nameless. My eyes caught a brown old leather book and frown as I read the title. 'A book of Creature'. Are there more creatures than werewolves, vampires and witches in this world? I only heard a Shifter; a person who can shift into any animal form.

Curiosity get the best of me, I grab the book from the shelve. Turning the first random page, I frown.

"Elves." Ian's deep voice suddenly whisper so closely behind me which cause me to lose my grip on the book but Ian caught it mid air, opening the previous page and look at me under his lashes. My breath caught in my throat at his sexy face.

Goddess me!

He handed the book to me. Our fingers brushes so lightly but it was enough to make me shiver. I saw him shiver too and Diane let out a grunt of approval.