Chapter 1

The pup first came around to her senses after being pushed and prodded around by blurry shapes. She could only manage some small whines and a kick of her own, but otherwise they were pretty useless. A warm tongue would always chase away the cold, biting air and the milk would warm the pup from the inside and always drag her to sleep.

The pup was soon able to open her eyes and waddle around a bit. She lived in a kennel within a large shelter, she could hear othe dogs and smell them, but all she saw was 3 white walls and a grey link gate. One of the walls had a small hole to the outside that her mother used. The pups mother was a strong built tan dog, she was lean and had a square muzzle. She had a few scars upon her face but other than that she was the most beautiful thing in the pups world. Sadly, she had to share her mother. 3 other pups shared the kennel. A dark colored brother, a small light sister, and brother with peculiar colored patches on his body. They were fun to play with, but they got annoying. Fast.

Humans were a peculiar thing, they walked around, barked some very, very strange sounds. The pup was curious about them. She first started observing them after she could walk properly. While her siblings played she would watch the humans. She noticed her mom didn't really care for them, but they gave her some strange tasting food.