Chapter 4

A few months later

I leaped up and caught the ball in my mouth. Jake ran over and took it "Good, Lola!" He launched the ball again. I ran after it and caught it after it bounced along the grass. "Jake time to come back in!" Mom called. I followed Jake back inside "Jake you're 14! Go wash all the dirt off your pants!" Jake groaned and walked into the bathroom. I walked to my waterbowl and drank "almost a year old" Mom said. I yawned and padded to the living room and looked out he window. A woman was waking a poodle. I barked and put my paws on the window ledge. The poodle barked. We barked until Mr.Floofbutt was walked away. I felt Jake slip my harness over me and clip the leash too it. We walked out the door and I walked by his side. I sniffed and did my business and we walked around the block.

We got back to the house, my harness was taken off and I ate my food

We got back to the house, my harness was taken off and I ate my food. Mom and Jake say at the table and talked about 'School' I sat under the table and put my head on Jakes lap. He slipped me bits of chicken. I walked away, up the stairs and into his room. I curled up in the bed and fell asleep. My dreams were filled with giant chickens in my bowl.