Monday Part Two

In less than ten minutes I would be sleeping with Ethan. Before I returned to my room to get ready, he instructed that I meet him at the library. I was actually a bit nervous about it all, especially with Zeph hanging around me all day, making it obvious that he wanted to win me. I eventually got mad at him when he'd always interrupt me when I was speaking to Ethan and end up telling him to go to his room until tomorrow.

In the end, I know very little about Ethan.

"Oh, it's alright, Serene," Trinity comforted, swooping my hair down my shoulders. "It's only for one night and none of the Princes are mind readers, you can always pretend he's Prince Zeph. Just don't say his name."

I wasn't sure I could. When I slept with Zeph, there were no limits, no restrictions. I just wish I hadn't fallen asleep so I could have basked in it longer. At least I had tomorrow to look forward to, it being Zeph's night with me. I suppress the need to bounce happily at the thought. No, Serene, I chided myself, tonight is Ethan's night.

"It'd be rude to think of another man in bed," I told her. It didn't mean I wasn't going to take her up on that offer if the time came.

She sighed distressingly, pulling me up to stand. I wore a silk white dress, not transparent like last time but it'd feel awkward walking all the way to the library showing so much leg. "This is your choice, if you want to think about another man, so be it. They can just leave, one less room to clean up—for me."

I laughed. "True. I wouldn't want you overexerting yourself."

She nudged my shoulder and winked. "I wouldn't want you to do the same if you catch my drift."

Ethan being from Knowledge, it was between he knew exactly what he was doing or he would be telling me the functions of the body. Trinity wrapped an arm around my waist, leading me out the door when my feet didn't want to move. Zeph's words were still hanging over my head. I don't want to let you go. I wish he told me that when we were having sex, it would have made it ten times enjoyable—not that it wasn't enjoyable.

She led me down the stairs and towards the library, the moonlight guiding us down the hall. Since I'd be in this section tonight, everyone was told to depart until we were through and I was glad about that. I didn't want people listening in, there was enough gossip going around.

The clock chimed seven.

"Good luck," Trinity whispered when we caught sight of Ethan, waiting by the open door. A ball in my gut squeezed within me, making my nerves go ballistic. He was handsome, like all the other Princes, but he still wasn't equivalent to Zeph. Would I compare every guy after him? Well, he was my first so I have to have something to compare them to. Trinity left when I approached Ethan, disappearing into the darkness and us, into the library.

"How are you tonight?" he asked, closing the library doors. There were three large tables for studying and a dozen floor-to-ceiling bookshelves surrounding them in a circle.

I took a deep breath and smiled, walking around with him. "I'm fine," I lied. My heart was beating out of its chest and I swore he could hear it as he laughed, knowing it was a lie. "How are you?"

"Quite well." We rounded the bookcase, my eyes darting around at the thousands of books, getting my mind off this nervousness. I've had sex before, why was I nervous? In sex education, they say the first couple of times I'd feel jittery about it. The problem is they never explained when it would stop. "You look beautiful, Serene."

"Thank you." I examined his attire, no glasses, a blue short sleeve shirt, and a pair of dark jeans. His blond hair tousled like he just awoke from a nap, strands hanging in his face. His smile was tamed, not wide and playful like Zeph's. "You look nice yourself."