Chapter 1: Waking Up

"Noah! Noah?" I shouted to the mysterious man. There was a loud groan that didn't sound like Noah. Another loud groan sounded when I realized that my mouth was moving.  I inspected my body and found a dart in my calf with blood dripping down my leg onto my black converse. One of the guards must have shot me with a sedative. I quickly strapped myself back to the tree before I passed out. Darkness. Blackness.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Shouted a semi-familiar voice. Noah. I attempted jumping up but was pushed back by the force of the tight belt. "I removed the sedative but it already took affect."

"How long have I been asleep? Are you okay? You fell like twenty feet!" I screamed a bit too loud. 

"I hit my head but I'm okay. I just slept for awhile. It was about three or four days I can't really remember exactly because I was knocked out also. Come on we should go! We are both being searched for and I've worked with all those guards for several years and they aren't going to stop looking for you, and me!" He slurred all his words.

"You are right, we should go but first I have a few questions"

"No question now. Later when we get to a safe place. But I need to know something, why were you in that camp anyways? They only take crazy, homeless,or orphaned children."

"The sad thing is I really don't remember.  I've been there all my life, I just know that my name is Maya!" I spoke slowly trying to impress Noah for some reason.  I unlatched the belt that was holding me in place. I then climbed down the tree where I could stand next to Noah. We walked off.