Chapter 4: Route No Where

I'll spare you the norm morning story because this was the same as always except I lost a companion. I grabbed a bunch of pears for the road and was off. I ran since Noah could be lurking very close behind. There was a sweet scent that lifted my spirits for just a moment until I realized what it was. Dog. Noah. Joseph!  Now panicked I ran straight while avoiding the scent! Eventually I could no longer smell the dog. My heart slowed. Suddenly I heard a loud sound. Several. Zooming. Cars! I ran to the sound and found none other than a highway. I tried my best to hitch hike, something my friends from camp told me about. "HELP! OVER HERE! I NEED A RIDE!" I shouted over and over again while waving my arms frantically. Finally a large brown truck slowed to help me. There was something written on the side but I couldn't read it that well because they never really taught us at the camp. I learned from my friends. 

Camp. Children's Camp. I read. A camp for children? Sounds like fun!  The man sitting in "Shotgun" pulled out a gun with a dart already loaded. This can't be good. Yet again I ran for the sake of my life. I ran back into the woods because i knew that if I ran along the road they would be sure to shoot me with another one of there sedatives. Suddenly I noticed a horrible pain in my shoulder area. I examined and saw a bright red patch of skin lined with black thread? This can't be good. Considering that this was probably a work of Joseph climbed a tree and thought for a while.

What I came up with was probably right. Which disgusts me. When I was knocked out Noah said he removed the sedative dart from me. He did that but he probably also did some work to my shoulder. Maybe it was a GPS or something like a invisible fence collar for dogs, if I went to far it would shock me or something. Or maybe both! 

I climbed down from the tree and decided to walk close to the road but in the woods. I'll walk until I find the nearest town where I can get some help. I walked for what seemed to be days but was probably only an hour or so, when suddenly buildings started appearing in the distance. It was actually only one small building. A gas station along the highway. I ran in to see a greasy old man watching my every move. I approached him and was about to ask him a question when he shouts, "Are you Maya? Like THE MAYA?" 

"My name is Maya if that's what your asking but, how did you know my name?" I stuttered hesitantly.

"How could I not know your name! You were the baby that was nearly killed when dropped into a suspicious soup or stew made by yours scientist mama and papa!"

"Um what," I murmured distracted by the Children's camp van pulling into the station, "Where is your bathroom?" 

"Right over there Maya!" He said pointing to a small hallway.

"Don't tell anyone I was here! You got that" I shouted.

"Yes ma'm" He whispered scared for some odd reason. I ran to the bathroom just in time to here the door jingle from it being opened.