Chapter 3: The Betrayal

Noah and I walked for 2 hours or so without any real conversation. What was there to talk about? We just had few comments like "Man it's hot out" or "Thanks for saving me!" 

"Do you think we should stop here and take a break? Maybe look for water?" I asked, my lips cracked with dryness and my throat irritated with the lack of moisture. 

"Good idea, I'm getting pretty thirsty over here!" He tried to joke. I walked off looking around for any animals that could have possibly just gotten a drink. I walked around for hours. The only living things in this area were bugs and trees. I walked back to where we stopped and saw Noah crouched on the ground talking to himself. What is he doing?  He's crazy! I've been walking all this time with a crazy man! 

"Yes I still have her in my control and she still trusts me!" I overheard Noah say.

"Great! When will you make it to town?" A mysterious voice chuckled rudely. He was talking on a walky talky!

"I should have her there in about a day.I will take her to you at our meeting place!"

"Amazing work Joseph!" Joseph? That mysterious man must be crazy. Or "Noah" is a fake and not my partner but a person sent specially to lie to me!

I realized what was going on at once! I don't even realize why I was so quick to trust this "Noah." So I ran. I ran with all my might. I kept running until I couldn't see Noah or Joseph any more! That betrayer! How could he live with himself! I stopped and shimmied up a tree with my belt. This time it wasn't such an easy climbing tree, this way "Noah" wouldn't be able to find me as easily since I didn't climb up the most obvious tree!

Once I had climbed to the top, one of the swaying branched hit my head and something fell into my lap. I couldn't actually see what the object was since it was getting dark. I felt the object and decided that it was a fruit since it was soft in a way. It was a sort of oval shape. Pears! It was a pear! I was overjoyed at the fact that I was sitting in an pear tree! An extremely tall pear tree which was abnormal but I guess it doesn't matter! I took a huge bite from the pear and tasted the familiar taste!

After my feast on pears and leftover dog, I strapped myself to the tree as always and fell asleep like a baby. No worries in mind, which was odd considering that I should have been worrying like crazy since "Noah" was a fake and lied to me!