Chapter 5

(Back to Phil's POV)
I still didn't understand why Dan insisted in carrying me to my room last night. Was there some sort of connection?

I always scolded myself when I thought that because Dan made it clear he wasn't interested in me, he just wanted me to pay attention and get out of my thoughts. But now it seemed like when he did stuff like that I had even more trouble paying attention.

I got out of bed, it was at least 10, and opened the door. I was face to face with Dan.

Since our bedroom doors are so close, if we got out at the same time we'd most likely run into each other. And that's what happened today.

"Good morning." Dan said, not moving. He smiled at me.

"G-good morning..." I said back. I felt Dan's fingertips graze my back and I tensed up. "Dan what-"

"Just to get you started this morning." He said as he swiftly took my face in his other hand and kissed me gently. I froze, I wasn't expecting this. I never was though, even if I knew he was going to.

I kissed back slowly and although it didn't last long, it left me feeling all tingly inside. Dan smirked, moving away as he went into the kitchen. I stood there in the hallway, wishing he would come back so I could hold him but knowing he wouldn't. I took a deep breath in, then out as I followed into the kitchen.

"What're you doing?" I ask.

"Making pancakes." Dan said, smiling up at me.

"Do you want help?"

Dan thought about it. "Nah, I think I'm alright."

"You sure?" I insisted.

"Yep." He replied, whisking the ingredients together.

"Alright then..." I went into the lounge, sitting in my sofa crease as I pulled out my phone. For some reason I felt tired still, although I got at least a good 12 hours of sleep last night. I ran my fingers through my hair, leaning my head back as the smell of syrupy pancakes wafted through the apartment.

I smiled to myself, closing my eyes, and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

Dan's POV
(This wasn't actually my plan but whatever)

I walked into the lounge where the table was with our coloured chairs and looked over at the couch.

"Phil?" I set the pancakes on the table and walked over to the couch.

He looked adorable when he was asleep and a part of me urged to bend over and kiss him, but I wasn't going to. 'Is this what it's like for Phil?' I thought to myself, constantly battling an urge to tackle me and assault me with kisses and cuddles? Just because he doesn't think I would like it?

I groaned inwardly. But I would like it. I sighed as I gently tapped Phil's chest, hoping to wake him up. But he didn't. I slapped his face softly to see if that would work either, but I failed.

I bent down to his ear. "Phil, wake up!" I yelled as he bolted upright. He put a hand to his ear and sighed.

"Why would you yell at me?" He asked.

"Because you wouldn't wake up any other way." I smiled a little. "Pancakes are ready."

Phil scoffed as he got up from the couch, stretching his arms out as he sat down at the table in the blue chair, I in the red.

Our meal was silent except for the noise of our forks against our plates. This gave me time to think... I felt like once I was done eating the existential crisis hallway would be a good place to go and think in deep thought, and that's what I did.