Chapter 8

Phil's POV

Now it had been a couple weeks since my birthday and it was a Friday night, Dan and I not sure what we should do.

I suggested snuggling on the sofa and watching Game of Thrones but he said he wanted to go out instead. He wanted to take me out.

"Why would you - of all people - prefer to go out on a Friday night?" I asked him when he said what he wanted to do.

He shrugged. "You know I'm not one to go out often but I like going out with you... Plus, it would be our first real date." Dan came closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled, feeling the blood rushing to my cheeks as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. I guess that would be nice." I mumbled in his ear and he buried his face in the top of my hair. Although he was only an inch taller than I was, and the position felt kind of weird, it was still nice to be so close to him.

"Anyway," He said softly as he moved away. "Do you wanna get ready?" Dan looked me up and down, chuckling softly. I hadn't gotten out of my pyjamas all day but, neither had he.

"Says you." He rolled his eyes.

I scoffed. "I'm gonna go take a shower." I said, turning on my heel.

"I need to take one too." He said, making me stop.

"Well we can't take one together." I said with a smirk on my face even though he couldn't see it.

"Who says we can't?" I felt his arms wrap around my waist again, pulling me closer. My face went hot again and I gazed down.

"D-do you want to have a shower with me?" Why am I so embarrassed? He is my boyfriend after all...

"If you're okay with it." He said in an undertone making shudders go down my spine. I took a moment to answer.

"Okay." I took his hands apart and away from my waist, letting go of one but squeezing the other one as we made our way to the bathroom. He stopped me before we could go upstairs, laughing softly.

"We do need clothes, don't we?" He said.

"Oh." I forgot about clothes. "Yeah."
__________________________

Dan got changed in the bathroom, I wrapping a towel around my waist and going to my room to change. The only reason why was because I knew if I had stayed in there we'd be all over each other...

I set my clothes down, drying my damp body off and pulling on a pair of boxers. I put on my black skinny jeans, which was a tough task to do since my legs were still slightly wet, along with some mismatched socks. After a hard decision between a dark blue fuzzy jumper or my blue button-up with black hearts on it, I decided with the button up and put it on. I looked at myself in the mirror, combing my hair, putting my contacts in and spraying just a small amount of cologne on my neck.

Saying I was excited would be an understatement.

This was going to be my first real date with Dan, I was ecstatic. There were butterflies in my stomach, my heart was fluttering, and it felt like I was shaking from head to toe.

But in my gut I had a feeling something would go wrong. Things always go wrong when everything is going right. I guess I'd just have to see.

I left my room, Dan just coming down the stairs from the washroom. He smiled at me and passed me, chucking his clothes on his bed as he grabbed his leather jackets with all the unconventional zips. I chuckled softly as he left his room, taking my hand. His fingers laced with mine which made shivers go down my spine, that was the first time he had held my hand like that.