11

I feel the breeze the moment my foot steps down on the top step. Papers are being blown carelessly out of the room. Stepping down I stop one of the free flowing sheets. It was a photo of Zeke and I. Something was off about the picture. I tried to stifle the rage that I could feel bubbling from within me. I enter my room to find the window wide open. More photos of Zeke and I flutter in the breeze, more ruined snapshots of the two of us. Fury speeding me on, I pick up every one of the pictures to find the same thing. Crude slashes covered that beautiful face of his.

Eyes were blackened, in some of the pictures my honey's face was missing entirely. A scream was crawling it's way out of me. How dare someone do this! I run to the table that sits beside my bed. My hands shake as I hesitantly pull open the drawer. Clothes are removed as I search for the framed photo of my honey. It was my prized possession. My honey smiled cheerfully, caught in a laugh as the camera counted down. My arm is wrapped tightly around one of his, as I grinned brightly into the lens. Notebooks, pens, socks, all are thrown out as I pray to see the gold of the frame.

A frustrated sigh. Broken glass pricks my fingers. I slowly pull out the picture or rather what's left of it. No longer am I in the photo at all. Cut out, leaving behind the damaged smiling face of my honey. A tear falls and lands on what's left of one of the things I cherish most in this world.

"DAMIEN," I scream. Only he would do this. I look at the corner that held my toy chest and I knew I was right. The lid lay open on the wooden box, while weapons are strewn about the floor. The frame falls to floor, glass shattering even more as I stand. I walk over to my beloved toy chest and fall to my knees. My hand grazes over my lovely toys. Thats when I see it. A note placed on the empty spot. A spot reserved for my Wakizashi. More anger directed at the embodied demon known as Damien. Fists hit the carpet with a loud thud. I desperately try to calm myself. I'll get it back. Even if I have to kill Damien to get it. I pick the letter up. My eyes scanning it.

"To my precious," I read aloud. "I thought it only fitting to take something dear to you, as you have something dear of mine. Sorry for the mess. I needed to do something to sate my anger at knowing he was there with you. When will you see that we belong together? We are so much a like don't you think? Think it over. I know more about you then you know. D." I let out a muffled scream. That delusional son of bitch. Bothering my brother, ruining my photos with my honey, and now this. I exhale. Along with the release of breath, the anger leaves my body. A smile creeps and I laugh. Damien will definitely pay for this little incident with his life. I just need to find the right tool. A sudden wind blows. Paper swirls around me as the sinister laugh continues to grows louder.

***********

Zeke's POV

I watched the little devil spawn out of the corner of my eye. How could Paisley leave me alone with him? Temptation pulled at me, begging me to leave and see what was taking her so long to return. I heard the scream that was later followed by a thump. What could Paisley be doing up there? Another sideways glance. The demon seed was closer now. He sat in the place formerly occupied by Paisley now. His mischievous eyes watches me and he smiles.

"Guess what," he asks.

"What?" Unconsciously my body inches further away as I say this. There's something wrong with the way he smiles up at me. I shake the coming thought. I want to laugh. Am I really afraid of a little boy, I think to myself. I shake my head. I'm seventeen for goodness sake. What the hell is wrong with me. "What's up Peyton? What do you want to tell me?"