Twelve: The Semi Rescue

The Semi Rescue

I pushed my way past him, purposefully hitting his arm – I couldn't reach his shoulder – with my shoulder. What a scumbag, maybe I should let Nate do the damn spell.

"I'm going home." I said.

I didn't need to listen to his insults. I am the freaking strongest nineteen-year-old this country has ever seen. I don't need to hear my own mate try to bring me down. I don't need this and I most certainly don't need him.

I turn the doorknob, ready to announce my departure to the rest of the brothers but he grabs my arm before I can leave I look up into his eyes and I can see the regret. He was purposely showing me his emotions.

"Liah, I didn't me –"

I snatch my hand away, "I don't care."

I followed Nate's scent and found him and the other two brothers lounging in what appeared to be a man cave. Abel and Axel were playing darts and Nate was just sat on one of the single couches watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Nathaniel, can you take me home? I want to go home."

I felt bad for interrupting him because this was a really good movie out of the franchise but I didn't know how much longer I could keep the waterworks at bay. I was hoping for at least when I was in the comfort of my own home.

"Already?" Axel questions without turning away from the dartboard.

"Yes. I... I don't feel well." I stare impatiently at Nate.

He gets the message and immediately gets up, the moving now forgotten, "Yeah. Okay. I'll go get my keys."

"Thanks. Bye Russo's, it was really nice to meet you all. I'm sorry I can't stay longer."

I turn away and make my way out the man cave and out the front door. Once I get down the front steps I realised Alex was following closely behind me.

"Did Alex do something?" Oh, wrong twin.

This is my second mistake, turning to actually look at Abel I try to find something different about him and when I find it. I can't believe I missed it – he has much shorter hair than Alex, much shorter.

Begrudgingly I admit, "Yes."

"I'm sorry." He sighs, "Alex isn't always like –"

"I'm sorry, Abel. You seem like a nice guy. But, don't stick up for him. It will only make me mad. He's a dick. And I hate him. I hate him so damn much but I don't actually. Do you know what that feels like? Knowing you should hate someone but you just can't. Because it's physically impossible. So you're conflicted.

"He tries so hard to make me hate him but all he's doing is hurting me. Which in return hurts his wolf and ultimately that will do more harm than me being his freaking Luna. Because coincidently you can't hate your mate."

Nate walked out right at that moment. Thank goodness he did because a traitor tear just slid down my cheek.

"Goodbye Abel. It was great to meet you."

I was quiet the entire ride home, mainly because I didn't want to cry. Anything would set me off at this moment. I think Nate knew that too so he didn't try to make conversation and I was thankful for that.

"Before you get out there's something you need to know about Alex and Abel. They can see and hear through one another's eyes. So everything you just said to Abel, there's a high chance Alex heard because I'm not sure he had Alex blocked out." He scratches the back of his head.